T-Shirt Forums banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
That's right! Canada is much less than overseas, but still close to $10. That's a great approach. I was doing that for international countries until the last increase. I just absorb those shipping costs and be competitive anymore.

Using the internal bag also protects the shirt and is very light weight.

Bottom line, it's hard to exist with incompetent government decision makers...

· Registered
18 Posts
I'm guessing most of you that sell tshirts on line are familiar with the international shipping inbalance. That "is", it costs more than multiple shirts just to send overseas, yet those overseas have affordable shipping costs.

CASE IN POINT (in case you did not know):

The following is a link to Etsy for some tshirts. I'm NOT affiliated with this seller in any way. I'm not promoting them. And truth be known, I really don't understand the designs being marketable.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/250115391/249-mama-bear-mothers-day-gift-gift-for?ref=related-3

These shirts are $12 each, and are shipped from Vietnam. I checked the shipping to Bluffton, SC, and the cost is $5.99!

There is something VERY wrong with this! This is just one of many examples of lower shipping costs FROM overseas countries. Does anyone know if anything is being done about this, or are we just stuck with one more bad liberal decision from our government?

· Registered
18 Posts
use Stamps.com ($16/mo). They give you commercial rates so you can send 1st class packages up to 15.99 oz, whereas at the P.O., it's up to 12.99 oz. You can print postage and labels, buy insurance, etc.

That will work for those of you that have high volume sales, "consistently". Most of mine are single shirt sales, and all sizes are under 13 ozs.

· Registered
211 Posts
I ship USPS first class unless the customer specifies otherwise.
Also I use a colored poly mailer 13x10 that I purchased off of Ebay. Depending on the shirt fabric, like 100% polyester, I insert a cardboard piece like the back of a notebook, to keep in from sliding around in the mailer.
Keep it light. Keep it simple.

· Registered
3 Posts
Guys - first time poster.

I likely have an order for roughly 450,000 shirts. Printing all at once, but shipping MANY times.

Ship around 4K - 8K pieces per shipment, all across the country.

I'm currently bidding out the cost of shipping.

Does anybody have experience with this sort of program?

- Box size is- 20 X 14 7/8 X 12 1/2.
- shipping on a pallet

I've shipped roughly 50,000 boxes @ .03 cents per shirt. What sort of pricing should I expect with an order of this size if shipping cross country, vs half way, vs neighboring state... any sort of feedback would be appreciated.

Thank you

41 - 47 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.