T-Shirt Forums banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Hi Tony
Sorry i did not get to you sooner.
US Postal Service Has a (Free) (they give you the envelopes), (they are card board light weight) Flat Rate envelope it was $4.05 to ship one Im not sure what it is now, no matter what the weight, or where it is going it is the same rate

· Registered
2,086 Posts
Priority shipping is now $4.85 minimum. You can get free Tyvek envelopes to ship priority.

For shipping first class, I'm not sure of the cheapest out there, but I checked U Line real quick and they have some reasonably priced ones: 10 x 13" Self-Seal White Tyvek Envelopes S-5153 - Uline (have to order a case of 100 minimum). After shipping you're talking something like 30 cents per Tyvek envelope, So overall shipping would probably be under $3.50 per shipment if you go the first class route.

· Registered
11 Posts
Hey guys,

After reading through this thread, I think you guys might be able to help me out here...On your recommendations, I began shipping my tees through Priority Mail with the free USPS Tyvek Mailers, packing each shirt in a Uline clear bag for extra protection.

I have the USPS Postage Scale in my office so I can do the Click N Ship and schedule the carrier service. All of this has been very useful advice. However, when I get to over 3 tees in an order, the rate nearly doubles and I'd to try to keep that rate hike to a minimum for my customers...I can't fit that many tees in a small flat-rate box or flat rate envelope...

What do you suggest I do? Is it worth going to UPS or FedEx for orders of 3 shirts & up? Or am I missing something (I've seen some sites use First-Class mail, but I haven't been able to find accurate rates on that)?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Dan

· Registered
101 Posts
Hi,

You can ship one shirt first class mail, approximately $2.70.

2 Shirts you can USPS ship priority at $4.95. 2 shirts will fit in a one of those 'soft' plastic envelopes.

When it comes to 3/4 shirts and more UPS or Fed Ex is the best option. 3/4 shirts should cost about $8.95 to ship Fed Ex or UPS.

Marc

· Registered
831 Posts
dan,
I talked with my postal clerk at my post office(I make shirts for his hair salon) and he said after 2 shirts it's better to just go with Priority envelope. I normally ship 1 shirt or 2 via first class in a Tyvek envelope i buy from uline, but after that it's cheaper to try and get them into a priority envelope or box.
hope that helps.

-Scott Lewis
Silk Screen Expressions

· Registered
283 Posts
People are still shipping that cheap, I cannot find prices that low. Must be nice. I can only fit one XL or XXL in the priority mailer envelope so its $10 for the flat rate priority box after 1 pc.

I wonder how the guys at textile are shipping?
Let me guess. its Teextile Prices right? They are using Fedex Smart post or something like that i think..same as woot. I think smartpost needs more shipments.

NiL

· Registered
112 Posts
Not doing any shipping but looked into it. Looked at the small bubble bubble wrap envelope it was white and looked good and also could serve as bagging lol anyways was half the price of a small box. I have seen them in a local dollar store for cheaper than at the post office. The white ones look real professional as apposed to the brown and offer protection. As for bagging cheap thin bags and a heat sealer would do good not all that expensive and do not need fancy bags , the heat sealers are crude and simple but work well. There basic a heating wire with a insulated clamp down so should not be to pricey. The white bubble wrap enveopes I saw where cheaper than the small boxes and looked better so guess its down to image and personal choice. Id check out the local dollar stores though or look bulk.

· Registered
2 Posts
Good morning everybody!!!
I have been trying to locate information on worldwide shipping.
We currently ship items that range 1-3 articles per order, on an average. We have been limited to shipping domestic only through USPS because of the costs to ship. Internationally runs us $10-15 and our customers refuse to pay that for a shirt.

I noticed other companies offer FREE worldwide shipping on shirts they are selling for $20. How is this possible?

What am I missing when it comes to shipping?

Thanks for the help! :)
-Fred

· Registered
4,692 Posts
I noticed other companies offer FREE worldwide shipping on shirts they are selling for $20. How is this possible?

-Fred
I do not know of any tricks, myself--and doubt that there really is a way around the high cost.

Amazon, for one, loses money on shipping as part of their strategy to grab market share from brick and mortar stores.

· Registered
114 Posts
The other option is to go from Fedx office to Fedx office. You have to go to the shipping location anyways. And then instead of the client having to wait for the boxes at their location, they can normally pick them up very early in the morning. I have had shirts shipped to me and I just went to my local Fedx location and picked them up. The shipping can be much cheaper.

· Registered
503 Posts
Good morning everybody!!!
I have been trying to locate information on worldwide shipping.
We currently ship items that range 1-3 articles per order, on an average. We have been limited to shipping domestic only through USPS because of the costs to ship. Internationally runs us $10-15 and our customers refuse to pay that for a shirt.

-Fred
Hi Fred,
In addition to international shipping costs (domestic is bad enough), isn't there a customs fee? Do you know what that would run for a couple of tees?
- Steve

· Registered
646 Posts
I recently had a customer come to me about our international shipping price. We use USPS currently. Looking into it the price is just too high. This customer showed me a competitors price to ship to them in Ukraine and it is around $3. They have a flat rate postage for $10. I am now trying to find these shipping companies that ship cheaper internationally than domestically.

· Registered
5 Posts
According to my personal opinion Boxes for packaging is very important even it is a shirt or any kind of product because boxes can preserve it safe as compared to bags and polyethene. First of all, you sending these through shipping they deal shipment very badly so its rare chances sometimes it will be damage If you want to send your shirts safe hand then sure you need to use reliable and good packaging boxes not make any risk.

· Registered
18 Posts
I don't have high volume sales (unfortunately). I use the white poly bags that I purchase in bulk on eBay. I first put the shirt in merchandise zip lock bags purchased in bulk. So far this is about twenty cents total. I put the packing slip in with the shirt, squeeze the air out to make the shirt rigid (so it won't slide around), then place it in the poly bag. These bags are indestructible and I've never had a complaint from the buyer.

I then print my shipping labels for mailing. Sizes small and medium is at 7 ozs this way. I use Gildan 5000 tshirts. Large is at 8 ozs, XL at 9 ozs, 2XL at 10 ozs, and 3XL at 12 ozs. The shipping ranges from $2.60 to $3.45 with the discounts I get. Bags and label costs total about $.35

These costs are low enough to allow me to offer free shipping and absorb it in the purchase price.

As for international, I know there is interest in my shirt internationally, but minimum orders due to shipping costs for $13 to $21 (9 ozs and higher). I do not offer free shipping for international sells.

I believe when you see a shirt sold with free shipping worldwide, it is not being shipped from the USA. China for example, can send a shirt for less than a dollar. OUR GOVERNMENT has an agreement with China and other countries that permits MUCH lower shipping costs. Maybe Trump can fix that? It's the Demos that caused it!

Anyway, this works for me!

· Registered
33 Posts
I ship in poly bags as well...and just ensure its sealed with tape at the opening. As for international shipping. I'm from Canada but now live in the States so I have a lot of contacts back home. I've decided to take a hit on the shipping to Canada and offer half price...so essentially the customer and I are splitting the cost of the shipping.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.