T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
56,238 Posts
Hi Jim, USPS seems to be a good method for shipping t-shirts.

Here's a thread about it:
http://www.t-shirtforums.com/showthread.php?t=345&highlight=usps

Priority Mail is now $4.05 for a t-shirt, but you can get free boxes/packaging from USPS.com and even free delivery confirmation.

You can ship via First Class Mail for a buck or so cheaper, but I prefer the delivery times and handling of Priority Mail.

I use the free tyvek envelopes provided by USPS, but I've also purchased similar envelopes from Uline. They are lightweight and pretty weatherproof.

· Premium Member
56,238 Posts
I use USPS Global Priority to ship internationally which costs about $9 to most places and $7 to Mexico/Canada. If you use regular Air Mail, it might be a couple of bucks cheaper, but the delivery times aren't as good.

CoolHandLuke said:
USPS is probably the route to go until you get some shipping volume. Once you have that, you can show it to UPS and they’ll cut a deal.
We have a large volume shipping with UPS, and for a single package, they still can't touch USPS rates or delivery times. For bulk packages (5 pounds+) UPS is the best, but for single/double shirt shipping, I would say it's USPS hands down.

· Premium Member
56,238 Posts
I have my shirts folded and bagged at the printer. I also throw in some stickers and a little promo flyer

Rodney - better talk to your rep from UPS and let them know your thoughts. If they want to play... they'll put you in the game at a workable price.
Do you have actual numbers to back that up? Have you heard of a UPS ground shipment of 1 pound being $4.05?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.