T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I am very new to online business and need some input regarding shipping in Canada. I live in Ontario and I am setting up my online business soon. I was wondering which company people (in Canada) use for shipping t-shirts and smaller items. I want to ship my product with tracking number so that I know that the product is reached to the customer but I found Canada Post rate (to ship with tracking number), UPS and Purolator are all very expensive.

Who do you use for your online business shipping within Canada (and do you get tracking number for every shipping)? If this topic is discussed in the past, please let me know which thread to read. Thanks :D

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
....but I found Canada Post rate (to ship with tracking number), UPS and Purolator are all very expensive.

.....shipping within Canada

Actually, from what I know, all major carriers (Canada Post Included) are not that expensive to ship withIN Canada. It does get a lot more expensive shipping to outside of Canada now then in the past...thats for sure.

Ok, I do understand that shipping cost are much higher now in most countries, and if they are not they will be...but thats life.

Transport costs are on the rise, big time.

I mean, the heads are predicting a Mojor fall out in the auto industry for 2009...that should tell you something.

The one and only advice I can give you is to prepare to zone network your stuff with others etc....

just my opinion. :)

:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your advise. You are right. After more research, I found that CanadaPost rate is not that bad. When I first called Canada Post for some info, the lady just told me that if I wanted tracking number, my cost will be $7.25 plus postage. So I instantly thought I can't send my $19.99 t-shirt with that much shipping cost...

But I checked their website again (and again - I found the website is little hard to cruise aorund) and read more about business account (with Venture One). The "expedited percel" which only available for business cost much less with 1 business day delivery - and it includes delivery confirmation. For 1 lb. shipment 13"W x 10"L x 0.5"H to Toronto will be $5.80 base price, $0.58 fuel surcharge and $0.32 and total comes to $6.70. :D It will cost more to BC but still it is not bad rate.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you have a decent volume, say 100 pieces per month I can get you a better rate than Canada Post. PM me for details.

Aaron
Thanks, I don't know how much volume as yet since I am about to go online - I usually sell to local people (that I know) or gyms and I deliver those orders. I will PM you if I put online store in Jan '09 and the volume exceed 100 pcs :D

·
Registered
237 Posts
Shipping withing Canada is more expensive than shipping to the states. Thats because USPS has better rates. It cost more to send a shirt to Vancouver from Ottawa than it costs to send one to Los Angeles. Get a venture one account to save some cash.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Shipping withing Canada is more expensive than shipping to the states. Thats because USPS has better rates. It cost more to send a shirt to Vancouver from Ottawa than it costs to send one to Los Angeles. Get a venture one account to save some cash.
Thanks. I am going to get a venture one account soon. I am in the middle of getting my online website done so I will be adding the shipping module to the site soon. I am trying to offer affordable t-shirts price to my customers and I am hoping that shipping cost won't drive people away...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.