T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sell shirts locally to my senior class and I would like to expand. I want my own website but I am a little worried about shipping. The question is, how do you guys handle shipping with a lot of orders?

·
Registered
985 Posts
I use USPS, and for shipping from home I've subscribed to stamps.com. You bag your shirts, print the labels, and the next day USPS pick them up for you.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Dayman- no need to let shipping get in the way of your idea to expand.

We have used Stamps.com for many years to print our USPS labels... (Easy to set up, nice pricing and you can print labels right from your computer.) YOU CAN ALSO ORDER FREE SHIPPING BOXES FOR USPS SHIPMENTS AT WWW.USPS.COM . In the past we would hand our preprinted USPS packages to our Postal Person when they delivered our mail. Now we have purchased an oversized mailbox ($30) that we put our packages in and the Postal Person picks them up when delivering our mail. Several times a week we have more packages than can fit in the mailbox so we take them to the local USPS and set them on a counter inside (no waiting).

We also have online accounts with FedEx.com and UPS.com. Several times a week UPS or Fed Ex delivers merchandise (our blank tees or apparel) so we use our online accounts to print labels and leave them outside in a storage container for pick up.

Note: you will usually get better pricing by signing up for online accounts that will allow you to print labels online.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
You can call UPS and FedEX. Ask for a sales rep, in your area. They will be more then happy to set you up with an account. If you negotiate a little you might be able to get a nice discount. You can also save money by using your account for inbound orders to you. In time the more you ship the better the discount.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I use USPS Priority for everything, free packaging and they pick it up as well if I want them too. it's 4.75 for an envelope (1-2 shirts depending on the size) and 9.45 for a small box (about 6-7 shirts)

You can't go wrong and the customers love getting things in 1-3 days too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts