T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, im launching my tshirt line soon, ive never sold online before, so the whole shipping process is new to me. Im based in Canada trying to get an idea on the cost of shipping a tshirt within Canada and to the U.S. and the U.K. I went to the ups website and used there shipping calculator , for one tshirt worth 20.00 canadian with a wieght of 0.8 lbs this is what i got:
Exress plus: $50.10 can.
Express: $25.10 can.
and the cheapest..
ups standard: $19.01 can.

Maybe its just me but, I cant see people paying minimum $20.00 shipping for a $20.00 tshirt
... is there some other way, or is this just how it is? thanks! cory

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
You probably shouldn't use UPS for shipping the shirts.

You could use the regular Canadian Post Office...sometimes their pricing is much lower.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Rodney said:
You probably shouldn't use UPS for shipping the shirts.

You could use the regular Canadian Post Office...sometimes their pricing is much lower.
I agree. Although I am unfamiliar with the Canadian Postal Service, in the US, I have had much more success econimically using the US Postal Service. The cost can sometimes be less than half of UPS, depending on distance and weight.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
UPS May be cheaper if you're a very large company shipping out tons of shirts (thus earning a discont) ir if you are shipping out a bunch of shirts in one package instead of a single shirt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts