T-Shirt Forums banner
221 - 240 of 257 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Re: Shhh - It's Project CAD-CUT® H2O & It's Coming

Same with me Josh only I'm in Texas. I signedup at noon on the first day, got an email stating it would be 5-7 days, still no sample. Been with Sthal's since '96 use it exclusively.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #224 ·

I PM'd Josh about this, but maybe there are those out there (like me) trying to squeeze the life out of a samurai cutter purchased from Stahl's way back when. Are there settings for the samurai? I'd rather not play around with them if I don't have to. I want to maximize my sample (pink or hot pink).
Try a test cut, but I'm guessing somewhere around a 50 pressure/downforce, use the 37 degree blade with a .30 offset, speed shouldn't matter. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #226 ·

Same with me Josh only I'm in Texas. I signedup at noon on the first day, got an email stating it would be 5-7 days, still no sample. Been with Sthal's since '96 use it exclusively.
Jim, please send me a PM or email with your contact details...I will follow up as all US samples should have been delivered by now unless there was a problem in transit.

·
Registered
617 Posts

Try a test cut, but I'm guessing somewhere around a 50 pressure/downforce, use the 37 degree blade with a .30 offset, speed shouldn't matter. Good luck!
Thanks Josh. We cut some yesterday. We used the same settings that we used for the cad-cut reflective. We may go down 5 on the downforce. I will post results/settings in the results thread later on today.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts

Did you change your pressure setting? I have the copper. I had no problem getting different results by varying the pressure. I think the heat setting and time is different if you want the H20 effect.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Received our sample this morning, thanks! Will be testing it out this weekend!

·
Registered
284 Posts

Did it come via your normal royal mail postal delivery Vadan?

Todays the 11th business day and still not received my sample yet :(
Nah, came by courier. Took about 2 weeks.

·
Registered
51 Posts

Soon and very soon we'll make a really BIG announcement here about a new project from Stahls' CADCUTdirect.com called Project CAD-CUT® H2O. For this project we've partnered with T-Shirtforums.com as the official support and sharing outlet.

Now - the "project" will be launching soon, but let me give you some help as to what you can expect out of Project CAD-CUT® H2O:

Let's dissect it word by word:

Project: Project is defined by the World English Dictionary as a task requiring concerted effort. This must be something we are asking for help with....(psst...maybe that's why we chose t-shirtforums, a really engaged, innovative group of members)

CAD-CUT®: CAD-CUT is a registered trademark of Stahls'. Ted Stahl, owner of Stahls' invented CAD-CUT some 20 years ago. Also known as heat transfer vinyl, heat applied film or flex - whatever you want to call it, it goes through a vinyl cutter and is finished with a heat press....(psst...maybe we're asking those with cutters and heat presses to help)

H2O: H2O is the molecular formula for water. The project probably has something to do with water or maybe liquid or neither or both? (psst...I don't know, maybe you can guess this part?)

All of the exciting details on Project CAD-CUT® H2O will be released next week right here on T-shirtforums.com so stay tuned and feel free to take your guesses....

I can tell you that we'll be giving away 200 free samples next week to those who want to become part of Project CCH2O!!!

Stay tuned.....
Am I too late to get a sample?

221 - 240 of 257 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.