T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have come a cross something that should be so simple but I can not figure out how to make it happen. I cannot figure out how to add shadowing to a vector image like the one below. What tool can you use to apply a shadow look to give the line art some depth. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its going to be a print. It will be used for Screen printing.

I have been told to use the Fountain Fill tool, which does apply gradiant shading, but You can not get the shading to follow a vecor image border. Or at least I can't figure out how to make it do it.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
I think you can use the interactive drop shadow tool to give the black edges a shadow. Make sure the black lines are a combined or grouped object separate from the white inside of the shapes.
You can also apply a contour to the black shapes- maybe about 15-30 steps to give a 3-d depth effect, you have to play with corel, but it does some neat stuff.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The drop showdow I can execute no problem. I am wanting to shade/shadow within the vector image itself. How can you do this?

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
You need to go gradient fill or the interactive gradient fill tool. I dont think you are looking for a drop shadow but a more 3d look with the actual banner. You can do this well if each white section of the art is independant That might be confusing but if you do un combine or un compound, everything should be black and you can fill each section independantly. In the end its going to be a halftone for screen printing so if you cant figure it out in vector you can make it a raster at high res. and do the work.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That blend tool looks to have gotten the shadow I am wanting! Thanks for all the replies! I'll give them a try!

-Cam

1 - 12 of 12 Posts