T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - I just purchased a SG400 used that has original ink cartridges. This was advertised and sold as a "Sublimation" printer but after trying mug after mug found out that the printer has Chromablast HD for COTTON and not sublimation inks.

That said, I need to do sublimation - Can I just buy sublimation cartridges for this and start sublimation. If so, what is the best way to remove all ink in the system. ANy help greatly appreciated as I need to get mugs done ASAP! Thanks much.

·
Registered
286 Posts
You'll need to flush the lines with cleaning solution cartridges before switching over to sublimation ink. Sawgrass or a Swagrass dealer should be able to get you the cleaning solution and procedures.

·
Registered
6,875 Posts
Yes. And you can only make the switch one time. Suggest contacting Sawgrass support for assistance.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I called Sawgrass and they do not offer any cleaning solution or cartridges and really are no help with this. Sounds like customer service thought there were cartridges and solution when left on hold so perhaps they just stopped offering this.

Only direction they pointed me was to buy NEW sublimation ink cartridges, replace the old cotton chromablast HD (this is a new printer still on first set of ink cartridges) and start printing full color sheets. They thought I would probably burn through a entire set of new cartridges and then still won't guarantee that i will be free of residual that may impact printing...

Very disappointing and now have to weigh my options with ink costs... honestly makes me want to go AWAY from sawgrass ink completely and purchase a good quality but lower cost ink - any suggestions?

Would need to give Sawgrass a thumbs down given this is almost a new printer and was ready to purchase their ink and paper as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm in same situation as you and I'm just wondering if you ever found a solution to the problem, converting SG400 to sublimation?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having the same issue, actually took me months to figure out what was going wrong with my sublimation printer. Wrong ink and paper. Seriously makes me hate sawgrass. They should be a little more transparent on this. They told me to buy a second printer. I was like HELL NO. I am going with epson. What good is chromablast even for really. Totally waste of my money and tons of substrate, time and so frustrating!

If anyone has a way to "flush out lines, please post here. would love to know before throwing that piece of garbage where it belongs. In the garbage.

Thank everyone.

rant over.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts