T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All...
So I recently purchased a SG 3110DN that was a demo model. Only used to make 27 prints. The machine works fine.

My question, I printed on a pink tee shirt and got the border around the shirt. So I washed the shirt, the shirt is softer, but the transfer process has permanently discolored the shirt. On whites you can't see the border, but you can feel it. I printed another shirt and decided to cut out the extra unprinted areas. The shirt feels better. But where the print is still feels very stiff. In addition, the design had red in it, and the printer didn't even bother to print it out, and I just put new chromablast ink in the machine.

So is there any other kind of transfer paper I can use with Chromablast inks to avoid this border?
I do have a GCC Puma cutter, so would it be possible to use that to cut the excess paper?
I can't sell these shirts with this border and this feel. So have I completely wasted my money?
Will the Epson printers work better with the continuous ink system?
If so, which printer in the $200 range would be good? Which inks would work best with the Epson? Which transfer paper would work best with the inks? I think I'm going to give up on this 3110DN...and I haven't even had it a week. :confused:

· Registered
1,440 Posts
Aha! you've arrived at the age old question, why does my shirt change colour when I press it.
Usually it will change colour when hot and revert back 99% but some products have a dye that is not fit for heating and will stay changed.
I always press my coloured shirts all over before pressing, one, it completely dries them and two, it stops press window marks and three, the colour can shift as much as it like because it will be that shade all over.
I can't say about the 'hand' with chromablast because I sublimate which has zero hand. and Vinyl.

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That particular garment doesn't change colors when I use vinyl on it, so it must be that chromablast system and/or paper.
I didn't do sublimation because I love cotton tee and blends. Although I would love to do mugs, I just didn't want to be stuck doing only poly tees. I know poly has advanced and feel just as great as cotton.
But I wasted my money on that system and I hope I can sell it and I'll just print with an Epson or look into laser printing.

· Registered
1,440 Posts
When we were getting going nearly two years ago now we were mightily impressed with the whole 'Chromablast' videos but didn't think we could justify the expense at the start. so made the most of our setup going down the sub line.
I'm glad we did really, because Dyesub has thousands of products to offer and okay there's no real way to sub cotton especially dark cotton but the subli-cotton from BMS printerowners here in the UK is some awesome stuff. yesterday I was doing oddball quotes on 4 pink cotton ladies vests in a darker pink, and today a customer asked for an A4 photo of his girlfriend in Poland on a white cotton FOL shirt, and another was for his friend on a long sleeve shirt in poly so I subbed it. No Problem At All.
We soon realised that most guys wanted vinyl anyway, so bought a Cameo which has been, although classed as mainly hobby equip., has never let us down even doing a fishing club logo full back size on hoodies time after time. Not to mention vehicle decals. Used it today to put KENDYL (a girls name from all accounts) in heavy metallic pink glitter vinyl on two 4year old hoodies.

Today has been nicely busy all day (I'm in an indoor market) but it wouldn't have been if I'd stuck with one procedure, three wallets and one mug have gone out today and I've got an order for a fifteen tile splashback too Along with an assortment of photo printing and Safety Vests being named up

My advice to you is to get some sawgrass ink in that Ricoh and then you can get the powerdriver ICC to make it work first time everytime (which saves money and agro) get a mug press and get Dyesubbing everything possible. Look into getting a decent little cutter to start with vinyl too.
You can never have enough arrows for your bow. Then before you know it you'll be on contracts for businesses schools, charities and clubs. Result.

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you sir.

So you know, I already have a heat press. I just got my GCC Puma 3 a week ago, and I love it. I contacted Mr. Gross, I believe his name is, from Conde. I'm going to contact the company Monday so I can get info on flushing the system. Then I'm going to just do sublimation. Mr. Gross stated that a new transfer paper coming out will allow sublimation on to cotton. So now I can get my mug press and begin doing a lot more.

· Registered
1,440 Posts
I'm looking forward to the 's' paper coming out too, I have limited success with the image clip stuff and try suggesting alternatives whenever I can, Have a wander around the Xpres and thetransferpress sites, they've got a good range of useable stuff.
Flushing your lines will take at least a quarter tank of ink which isn't going to be cheap.
One day I'll probably go large format but after being bitten with a Xerox Phaser at £1300 in order to work on concert tees and image laser dark, and failing, I've given up on that for the immediate future.
I use Serif, PagePlus and PhotoPlus as my development progs because they are a one time purchase and work for me quickly.
I've cracked just about every timing and procedure for sub stuff so if you get stuck pm me and I'll see if I have any suggestions.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.