T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have an Oki 5500 printer we are using for dark transfers and use the Laser 1 Opaque paper from Coastal. We have tried various settings and are still getting fuzzy and streaks around the edges. If we wait until the fan kicks off between each transfer we Usually get a good transfer. I figure we are not getting something set right. We are wasting too much paper. HELP!

·
Registered
426 Posts
I have a 5800cdn and had issues with the Laser 1 Opaque with the toner not "setting" properly. I will be watching this thread for possible resolution. I have not found a consistent opaque paper to use yet.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply. We have found on the Laser 1 opaque that the 1st one prints, but if we try to print another one before it cools down, then it messes up on one edge or corner. We figured we have the wrong settings, because we were told we should be able to keep printing. It sure takes a long time to print that way.

·
Registered
153 Posts
i have a oki 3400 and i use ultraheavy setting but the printouts turn out slightly faded as if there wasn't enough toner on the paper. but the inks stays on the paper though. will be testing my printer this weekend. hope i can help out a bit.

i heard you would have to print out some "blanks" before printing on the actual paper. good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have this printer and have been thru hell and back. The setting that I just learned that seems to work is set media type to card stock and media weight to ultra heavy. Also set up your page to normal print option and toner save.

Good Luck

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, I am new to the forum, too. I will try your settings and see what happens. Hope it works, will let you know. :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have this printer and have been thru hell and back. The setting that I just learned that seems to work is set media type to card stock and media weight to ultra heavy. Also set up your page to normal print option and toner save.

Good Luck
Iam using OkiC5600n and i dont see where to do setting for media type and media weight as you mention. Could you tell me where they are. Thanks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
i have a oki 3400 and i use ultraheavy setting but the printouts turn out slightly faded as if there wasn't enough toner on the paper. but the inks stays on the paper though. will be testing my printer this weekend. hope i can help out a bit.
i also faced this issues few times at start. i tested and learnt that in setting you choose "toner save" and "recyle matenance...", also "100% K for black..". let's try and see if it's better.

i heard you would have to print out some "blanks" before printing on the actual paper. good luck!
i do this every time but it just help to clean the toner on the fuser (when clogged), but not help to solve fading issue

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Iam using OkiC5600n and i dont see where to do setting for media type and media weight as you mention. Could you tell me where they are. Thanks.
The media type is set in the media menu in he actual printer. Keep pressing the "-" button on the printer control panel until Media Menu is displayed, press the Enter button, press the "-" button until MPT MediaTYPE is displayed, press Enter button, press "-" until CARD STOCK is displayed, press Enter to select it and finally press online to exit the setting.

The media weight can also be set in the media menu in the printer but the driver setting will override it. It is best to set it in the driver labeled Weight. When UltraHeavy is selected the driver will force the source to MPT tray.

·
Registered
153 Posts
ok so i have printed usin g glossy settings on my 3400. the printouts were nice, but is it normal for the toner ink to leave a residue on the parchment paper or is my press tooo hot?

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
i have this printer and i also used laser opaque1 and my setting is MPTray to light weight paper setting. My experienced in using heavy or transfarency mode setting the toner is scatter to the transfer paper. Try this method if it works for you.

·
Registered
153 Posts
ok finally i did some testing. to those interested, i printed on my 3400n using glossy and transfered on my shirt at 100 degree C covered by parchment for 2 mins on medium to high pressure. it really minimises the residue transfer on the parchment paper.

now im conducting wash tests.

hope that helps!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi friends,

Iam using OkiC5600n, my K toner is running in low state. Could anybody tell it is possible to fill in this K toner with K ink bought from outside (i dont know where to buy this either) or i have to buy original K toner from Oki manufacturer? Thanks a lot for your quick advis

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Hi friends,

Iam using OkiC5600n, my K toner is running in low state. Could anybody tell it is possible to fill in this K toner with K ink bought from outside (i dont know where to buy this either) or i have to buy original K toner from Oki manufacturer? Thanks a lot for your quick advis
Meritline - DVD R,DVD-R,DVD+R,CDR,Blank Media, Flash Memory,Micro SD,Blu-Ray,Dual Layer,Ink Toner,LED Flashlight,,USB Drive,Duplicator,Ipod,Computer Desk,CD DVD Case sells Oki refill toner. Not sure if they carry for C5600. Colorstar Ink also sells third party toner cartridge.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts