T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Everyone here has such a wealth of information, I am so grateful.

I am horrible at the business end of things, like tracking every penny spent and every penny earned. I was hoping that some of you could share what program, method or software you use to make it easy for you when tax time comes around.

Someone on here mentioned that they use one credit card for everything that has to do with their t-shirt business which makes it easier to keep up with their expenses.

I guess another would be to open up a seperate bank account, but normally you have to have a certain amount so as not be charged a montly fee.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The credit card is the way to go. I have set up accounts with my suppliers and give them that credit card number. At the end of the month I can check each purchase aganist invoice and keep track of which customer used what products. There are several softwar programs that will help you also. Just google softwar programs for screenprinters etc.
Mary Kay

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
I would suggest a simple accounting software like quicken/quickbooks or something.

A separate checking account for business purposes is a good idea as well to help keep things separate. The fees you pay may be a tax write off (check with your accountant).

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
I am with Rodney on this one. Keep records about everything that is linked to business. Did you go to office supply store to get supplies. Bet you kept your receipt for what you bought but did you keep track of the gas or mileage to go to the store.. bet most of did not. I went to visit clients in the gold country 200 miles round trip.. Oh I had coffee at starbucks and lunch at jack in the box... hey I didn't get this way eating salads.. I had to eat while doing business. Oh I had to wash car. Ana, you better be putting all this down in a book as I am having a test on Monday.. and it is not an open book.. Lou

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Badalou,

You make me laugh so hard sometimes I just can't stand it.

Lets get back to business. You are right, my husband and I drove to Philadelphia, which is about 3 hours from us to buy the heat press and never taught twice about the gas which is so expensive at the moment. Thank you for that reminder.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts