T-Shirt Forums banner

101 - 111 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
How much maintenance required is the key, if you are using a ton of ink in head cleanings and flushes on brand x cleaner. Then the cost of ink maybe offset by reduced ink used in cleaning etc. Hard to just take a straight ml cost comparison with this new breed of printer. Time will tell for sure.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using T-Shirt Forums

·
Registered
7,359 Posts
Yeah its not bad but is expensive, then again maintenance is always key
I like your comment :) my man~ at least cheaper than Brother ink. Is that what you mean? Lol
Maintenance waste is unknown yet. See Brother as an example. Will we know exact number?
AA playing more with F2000 and more convinced RIP is essential as of now.
1. Ink saving(block white base vs. fade) side benefit is smoother touch and natural look.
2. Transparency (design changed on GC, 32/200 is default but lose original art quality) if we do not print Black shirts on black ink = save ink and Better look than smudged look.
We print 1/4" letter "O" with 32. Result was round circle printed and come back print black on middle of white solid round circle. Maybe way to get out in GC.
You don't want to try 64/200. Unacceptable.
Time, ink was wasted. We will find out more.
3. Total out put quality.
4. Time saving (GC wait until RIPing finish 20-30sec vs. 3rd party RIP will starting to print on click)
More will come with pics and videos but camera cannot beat Eyes.
Come to ISS and check it out yourself. Make sure bring your own design. All dealers will love to share their know hows.
Cheers! Merry Christmas TSF members.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
I like your comment :) my man~ at least cheaper than Brother ink. Is that what you mean? Lol
Maintenance waste is unknown yet. See Brother as an example. Will we know exact number?
AA playing more with F2000 and more convinced RIP is essential as of now.
1. Ink saving(block white base vs. fade) side benefit is smoother touch and natural look.
2. Transparency (design changed on GC, 32/200 is default but lose original art quality) if we do not print Black shirts on black ink = save ink and Better look than smudged look.
We print 1/4" letter "O" with 32. Result was round circle printed and come back print black on middle of white solid round circle. Maybe way to get out in GC.
You don't want to try 64/200. Unacceptable.
Time, ink was wasted. We will find out more.
3. Total out put quality.
4. Time saving (GC wait until RIPing finish 20-30sec vs. 3rd party RIP will starting to print on click)
More will come with pics and videos but camera cannot beat Eyes.
Come to ISS and check it out yourself. Make sure bring your own design. All dealers will love to share their know hows.
Cheers! Merry Christmas TSF members.
Lol yeah that's what I meant. I'll be there in January to have beers and a good time with customers and say hello to everyone. I want to see this machine for myself but mostly to have fun and see new technology. I have not been to a show in 6 years.

·
Registered
7,359 Posts
Lol yeah that's what I meant.
LOL, I am a mind Reader. Off the topic but~
It's tuff call between Epson and Brother. I am sure many are debating every time they read all Threads in TSF.
I don't foresee both will survive well if both stay as now. One will Stand out. Unless add some more Armors on their product. One will get big damage is very possible.
Ink price is one important Key. This is one post in TSF by End user. Something to think about.
Brother ink price by Steve.
stevegamble said:
In Our slow period now.
Using $1,000.00 in white ink every 2-3 weeks.
Busy period I estimate $1,000.00 every 3-4 days. = $10,000.00 per month In a real busy month with One machine.
So.. I am always growing my business.
When we have 2-3-4 machines.. then what ?
$30,000.00 per month in white ink ?

I study machine build.
I study labour cost (fast cure time/print time)
I study the sales market here in my area.

I Did NOT study Ink costs / comparisons , and feel foolish. Failed.:(

But.. I learn every day.. this is why I spent so much time research , because I was worried I would make a business mistake and feel a fool.
But really in the big picture $30,000 mistake is not life changing, I just do not like to have regrets.

Not A Gildan.. not an Anvil..More like a Jerico fashion.
I may order custom and distribute by 2014'

Lot's to learn, and takes time to get perfect , but their is a open market for better quality to step in and take a % of market.
Cheers! Beers are on me always. Merry Christmas :)

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
LOL, I am a mind Reader. Off the topic but~
It's tuff call between Epson and Brother. I am sure many are debating every time they read all Threads in TSF.
I don't foresee both will survive well if both stay as now. One will Stand out. Unless add some more Armors on their product. One will get big damage is very possible.
Ink price is one important Key. This is one post in TSF by End user. Something to think about.
Brother ink price by Steve.

Cheers! Beers are on me always. Merry Christmas :)
You too bossman have a good one

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
I don't like to be called Bossman :)
I wish my name stands for humble and friendly.
I prefer Buddy, Friend, Pow or NeoFather.(my favorite)
Cheers! Beers are on

lol ok Peter, no bossman for you. If we call you those things you must give free machine though lol. I give my friend free stuff. Just kidding

101 - 111 of 111 Posts