T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
thedynamix said:
1) Do we print to blank t-shirts, Fruit Of The Loom etc.. OR do we go the whole nine yards and find a company that design the actual t-shirts too, thus making us an out right fashion company??
Since you say you're on a "tight budget", go with pre-made blanks.

(I'd actually say the same thing even if you weren't on a budget - it's my personal opinion that it's better to start on blanks, then start getting your own garments custom manufactured when you better understand your individual needs as a business)

thedynamix said:
2) So question 1 aside, if we do go ahead and use blank t-shirts... Do we Screenprint or heat transfer or some other method?
I'd say screenprinting, because that's what I'd do. Digital transfer people will say digital transfer, DTG will say DTG, dye sub will say dye sub...

thedynamix said:
3) We originally wanted to do a "request a design" service where the customer sends in a photo and we manipulate it, get it printed and send it back. Too long winded? Too expensive? Not Feasible?
Sounds like a nightmare waiting to happen. Nothing wrong with printing one-offs (if you have the right setup for it), but I'd have customers sign off on their artwork - if you manipulate it (or don't manipulate it enough...) and they don't like it, they're going to (rightly) blame you.

thedynamix said:
4) Pretty generic question so don't worry about answering it unless you're friendly and have time ;)... What's the best t-shirt to use?
I'm not particularly friendly, but I'll answer it anyway ;)

Very much depends on what you're selling. Alternative Apparel and/or Bella for fashion orientated, Fruit of the Loom or Hanes or Gildan for the average internet seller (offensive slogans, computer geek, etc.), Proclub or Conquer or etc. for the urban market.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.