T-Shirt Forums banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
9,770 Posts
I'd love to hear more about car wraps as well...I'm seeing this more and more lately in my local area.
Roland did a car wrap at the NBM show in Long Beach last August. It was by far the most popular exhibit. I went on the last day and they were just finishing.

The printed with the versacamm plotter/cutter.

Another cool printer was about 25' wide and was printing one of the banners you would hang from a sky scraper. It was pulled across the floor and had 20 or so feet printed when I saw it. It looked like a giant inkjet printer and little people scurrying around it.

I would assume these guys would be at the ISS show also. Hopefully they will wrap another car there.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Re: other cutters?

I have been toying with the idea of getting a cutter as well.
My budget is a bit tight and mostly would be doing smaller things like caps, smaller t-shirt fronts and stickers.
I found a machine called craft robo from graphtec. seem to be a hybrid between commercial and hobby cutter. but would fit the budget and the dealer is local.

Anyone have thoughts on the brand?

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Re: other cutters?

I have been toying with the idea of getting a cutter as well.
My budget is a bit tight and mostly would be doing smaller things like caps, smaller t-shirt fronts and stickers.
I found a machine called craft robo from graphtec. seem to be a hybrid between commercial and hobby cutter. but would fit the budget and the dealer is local.

Anyone have thoughts on the brand?
Graphtec makes fine equipment. If you search the forums I know there are posts relating to the Craft Robo.

·
Premium Member
27,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Rodney,
Have you done any other vinyl work since this post?
No, I've had a minor heat press setback :)

I have some flock here that I just bought from Imprintables that I want to try, as well as the plastisol transfers samples that I need to test.

Just waiting to get my electricity issue fixed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi,
when you open a bitmap-image in CorelDRAW X3 and click on it with the pick-tool, then CorelDRAW will suggest vectorizing and you tools becomes available to handle that. It is an excellent vectorizing feature that becomes available.

After vectorization you can send the result to SignCut-X2 by clicking the "Application Launcer button" and "Send to SignCut-X2".
Then SignCut-X2 will ge the focus and the image will be opened.
As it is it will be represented with a color separation button for each colour that the image is built up of.
If you click one of those buttons just that colour will be shown. If you press the Shift-key and another color separation button, that color will be shown as well.
What is shown it is what will be cut. To get a better understanding of how the cut out will become, click the preview button. You will find it in the row of quick buttons, situated under the menu row.

To see several copies, open the cut out dialog, set the number of copies and click the preview button situated in that dialog.

I hope those hints will take you further!

·
Registered
67 Posts
hey robin,
i've been reading your posts and have a question for you. i have a roland gx 24 and have been making shirts but i also wish to do more signs and vehicle graphics.. vinyl only not printed on vinyl. do you recommend any reading on the how to's? i would appreciate any help.
thanks m

·
Premium Member
27,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
hey robin,
i've been reading your posts and have a question for you. i have a roland gx 24 and have been making shirts but i also wish to do more signs and vehicle graphics.. vinyl only not printed on vinyl. do you recommend any reading on the how to's? i would appreciate any help.
thanks m
You can find info on signs and vinyl decals by searching the forum for this info. Lots of tips here: http://www.t-shirtforums.com/tags/decals/

http://www.t-shirtforums.com/tags/signs/

·
Registered
67 Posts
well in that case, good job rodney. thank you so much for starting this forum. i am relatively new at having my own business and have found that being on this site has helped me tremendously. i am able to gather info that would have taken much longer elsewhere. hats off to you buddy.
m

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi,

regarding transfer of images to SignCut-X2 from CorelDRAW or Adobe Illustrator or Inkscape, we do recommend the use of the quick-link named "Send to SignCut".

As menthoined above the image is then opened in SignCut-X2 in the wireframe mode, which makes it easier to analyze what has been transfered.

As descibed above the image may consist of dublicated contours and you may just intend to use one of them. Normalwise two different contours has different colours of one of them may have a fill colour and the other just a contour colour? If it is like that those contours should be represented by two colour separation buttons. You have them at the right side of the working area. Click one of them and the contour represented of that colour will be shown.

If the contours have the same colour you can use the Object tool to deactivate the contour lines that you don't want or you can switch colour on one of the contours. Read the built in manual to find out how to do that.

Or you just change colour before the export from the layout software.

Hope that answer did make the situation for file transfer to SignCut-X2 some more clear!

There is also a number of videos on or web-site that can be useful to watch.

·
Premium Member
27,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello,

I'm doing the support for SignCut-X2. If you do not have it you can download an evaluation license from our web-site "Download Free Trial". The URL is: Welcome to SignCut-X2 (sc-x2)

Follow the precedures described in the email that arrives. After installation, click the cutter-button or the menu option "Settings/Cutter".

Choose Manufacturer and Cutter (GX24)
Then you will get the following information ubout how to set up the plotter for SignCut-X2:

"Settings for Roland GX-24:
Rotate: <Off>
USB-connection require install of windows printerdriver (following the plotter).
Choose it in the device listbox and
make sure the cutter listbox shows the same cutter."

I do recommend a USB connection as it is the most simple way to get it up and run. Try that. If you need some more help, visit our WEB-site. There you will find the FAQ and a pay-service for quick help and else. You just pay when we were able to solve the problem you have.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I use alot of r-tape. It works fine on most applications but sometimes if I cut weed tape and store it for much time before i apply it it is hard to get it to pull the vinyl from the backing. I have also used the A-60 clear tape. It is a high tac product that will pull the vinyl right off the backing so you can apply it.

Biggest problem I have is the A-60 has a rough edge where you sqeegie it to the weeded vinyl and for some reason I seem to get more bubbles when applying the A-60 tape. It will always work ut ok though I just don't like the feel of it.

Hope this helps

Dad

21 - 40 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.