T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,396 Posts
Congrats on your new cutter!!! We have the same one (from the same place) lol

Im sure Dave, and John and some of the others who are also sign guys have their fav transfer tape for specific jobs. I found my fav by picking up samples at the trade shows. Ive also found some that I wont even take if they are offering it for free! Good Luck experimenting! Have fun!

· Registered
1,396 Posts
I love the "R" Tape ....rtape.com Love it!!! and the clear conform tape too. I havent used the clear a whole lot, but like what Ive used it for. The stuff I threatened my to wrap my dh in if he ever bought it again (seriously...the air is blue from much cussing when I use this stuff) is main tape. (especially the clear maintape)

When you find your fav squeegee....guard it, then find more, and stash them all over!!! Dh is threatened often :D He isnt the installer, I am.......so he doesnt get it :rolleyes:

· Registered
1,396 Posts
TransferRite tape. .
another tape I wont touch with a 10ft pole......I have had alot of trouble getting the vinyl to adhere to the tape. I spend more time getting the graphics on the tape than I do anything else.

Ive read and heard alot of folks love this stuff....but for whatever reason it doesnt want to co-operate with me.

· Registered
1,396 Posts
my problem with any and all of the clear tapes i have tried is the static electricity they create...

now for squeegiesssssssss lol.. 3M Gold ones are the best..
and always make sure they are smooth on the edge.. ..
and don't forget to get a pick for weeding ...
Robin.. i do 99% of the applications at our shop too.. so.. i hear ya.. and B just dont understand.. when i complain that i need new squeegies or whatever lol..

ooo and gotta have a few felt squeegies too.. .. lol..
lol
oh!! and blades too Rodney get some good sharp blades for your exacto...hide them around too and guard them!!

are you getting the impression that us installers are very territorial???:p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.