T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,562 Posts
HI.. I have a sign, banner, graphic's etc store.. We use application tape everyday.. for most applications we use TransferRite tape. It looks like masking tape and comes in a 48inch wide roll. Its availible at most sign supply stores. The supply place i use cuts that roll into differant widths for us, we figure out what widths we need at the time and get them to equal out to the 48" but you can also buy it in just the width you want.. say 12 inches.. But if you are gonna do much with the vinyl it is more cost effective to get a whole roll and have it cut up.. we have ours cut anywhere from one inch to 18 inches...

We also have a clear application tape we use for some applications, but mainly we do that for printed stickers we sell. Its also made by transfer rite.

I know you will find loads of interesting creative things to make with your roland cutter. We have a graphtec plotter and the roland versacamm 540v that prints and cuts. But have not used either of them to make t-shirts yet.

· Registered
1,562 Posts
Robin we have no trouble at all getting it to adhere.. hmmm.. mite be a climate or humity thing with the differance of where we live.. Also it comes in differant tacks and we get the high tac one.. ..
i just lay it down with my big squeegie and then use the regular squeegie to set it good ..

my problem with any and all of the clear tapes i have tried is the static electricity they create...

now for squeegiesssssssss lol.. 3M Gold ones are the best..
and always make sure they are smooth on the edge.. ..
and don't forget to get a pick for weeding ...
Robin.. i do 99% of the applications at our shop too.. so.. i hear ya.. and B just dont understand.. when i complain that i need new squeegies or whatever lol..

ooo and gotta have a few felt squeegies too.. .. lol..

· Registered
1,562 Posts
Rodney.. there are alot of little tricks and tips to cutting vinyl for stickers etc.. encluding how to lay the transfer tape.. how to apply.. etc..
If you want any of the tips posted let me know..

I work with vinyl every day.. encluding doing everything from small stickers to 4' x 8' (or bigger) signs. and even car wraps.. so there are tricks that can benifit anyone trying vinyl that im sure some of us would share..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.