T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
QUESTION:

One thing I don't understand is if you're selling vinyl signs/cut stickers to customers via mail, how do you make sure that the other sticky side of the application paper doesn't get stuck to the mailing envelope? I'm guessing there is a different type paper for used for mailing cut vinyl?​
After that successful run, I was feeling ambitious, so I decided to make a t-shirt...
Rodney...do your cut, remove and weed the vinyl. Add the application tape over the top of both the vinyl and remainder of the backing and trim it then send it.

Customer removes the backing when they apply the sticker.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
So the application tape goes over both the top and bottom? Does it make it hard to remove from the bottom (the vinyl doesn't peel off)? Or is there some type of paper that goes on the bottom that sticks to the application tape?

Do they sell different standard sizes of application tape (and backing)? Or is it something that's always cut to order for each sticker/sign application?

Sorry for all the questions :)
The backing for the vinyl has a gloss coating so the transfer tape will peel easily. They do sell different sizes of transfer tape as well as vinyl. 24", 18" and 4" I have actually used. They also sell clear transfer tape which I think you have and a non clear yellow tape. The clear is perfect for small stickers because it lets folks actually see the product. The right size tape for the right application.

If you are cutting your company stickers ...just set up multiples on your cutting software. Try and space them close but not so close you cant trim them with a paper cutter.

Cut the whole group out of 24" vinyl and then weed them. I would start with small multiples at first to get used to weeding...you dont want that vinyl to fall on other vinyl cause it will stick like mad. Once you have everything weeded just cover the entire sheet with transfer tape and use your squeege to remove the air pockets. Use the squeege from the inside to the outside starting from the center...do it one direction and then the other.

Once everything is down you can trim the decals into individuals with a large blade table top paper cutter

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Re: other cutters?

I have been toying with the idea of getting a cutter as well.
My budget is a bit tight and mostly would be doing smaller things like caps, smaller t-shirt fronts and stickers.
I found a machine called craft robo from graphtec. seem to be a hybrid between commercial and hobby cutter. but would fit the budget and the dealer is local.

Anyone have thoughts on the brand?
Graphtec makes fine equipment. If you search the forums I know there are posts relating to the Craft Robo.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.