T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking to get a 6 color press i have two presses in mind one is the 6 color 2 station press on silkscreensupplies.com the next press i am looking at is the riley hopkins 6 color 4 station press. has any one bought the 6 color 2 station press ? or does any one know anything about this press ? my next question is how hard is it to set up a multi color job with out micro registration ? being that may be my deciding factor. for what i will be doing i think the 2 station press will be fine but i am worried that with out micro registration or some other registration device setting up over lapping colors like need when printing on black will be next to impossible. any help ?:confused:

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Re: looking for a six color press

how hard is it to set up a multi color job with out micro registration ?
It's not hard, so much as fiddly. A lot of small adjustments back and forth until you get it right. No skill required, just attention to detail. On a good day it'll all come together quickly and easily. On a bad day you want to quit printing. Tedious back and forth, where every change you make has about an equal chance of working or failing. After a dozen failures in a row, the sense of futility in trial and error really rises.

So yes, micro-registration is preferable. But you can get by without it, especially if all you're doing is basic spot colour.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how hard is it to set up a multi color job on a press with out micro registration i am looking to buy a multi color press with out micro registration and want to know if it will be next to impossible to set a multi color job on this press :confused:

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've set up multi-color jobs up with no problems, and my press doesn't have micro registration. I think that as long as you have properly placed registration marks on your positives, and those marks stay constant throughout each color layer when you go to exposure your screens you should be ok.

·
Registered
65 Posts
wow, No micro registration. Hope its way cheaper than a regular press with micro registration. It's not impossible. If your doing multicolor that don't butt up against each other. However if you are going to do any type of art with great detail and thin outlines. It will be extremely difficult to line up.

·
Registered
372 Posts
very easy to line up....
when you print the separations (on film/acetate/transparency) make sure all the registrations line up (check them on light table)...and.. very important, use aluminum frame screens with good stretch tension....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts