T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I've spent the last year getting my head round Photoshop which I use for doing all my colour separations and I'm pretty well clued up on it now. I've just bought illustrator and it's like starting all over again can anyone tell me were I can find the basic help I need for separating colours and creating under base and so forth as I've spent the last two days going nowhere thanks.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Luckily its much easier to prepare artwork for outputting spot colors in Illustrator.
When you are working on artwork make sure you are using spot colors. You can either double click on a color in the palette and change the color type to spot colors or open up a pms color palette.
When creating an underbase I usually just make a copy layer of my artwork and use a white spot color on everything that needs underbasing and then I add a stroke with the width of half a pt.

Hopefully this gets you started in the right direction. I'm unfamiliar with any tutorial online that could help out but if I run into any I'll be sure to post the links for you.

·
Registered
175 Posts
The beauty of most of all programs is that they all have "help" as a menu item.. I just opened up illustrator and went to the help... I found exactly what you are looking for in under 1 minute.. There is no short cut in this.. READ AND PRACTICE! that will get you the answers you are looking for

1 - 5 of 5 Posts