T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just recently Bought separation studio which is not cheap. It made a Black and white Image in Photoshop But when I try to use the separation software, it separates the image for a dark Garment even though is changed the ground color to white. It sets up a white Base and whose top to be printed on a white garment, why? Also, when I make an image in photo shop then transfer to the separation software, It counts the white canvas as part of the image EVERY single TIME. I have tried going online for help But only find the same tutorials for a Dark Garment, nothing for printing on white Garments or how to remove white canvas. Any help will Be much appreciated. software is not cheap and to be Stuck where I am sucks, seems the only place to learn Thos Expensive program is to pay for classes But I am already supper Broke.

· Registered
449 Posts
I do not have separation studio but I can take a guess . It is seeing the white because white is a color that can be screen printed , it is good it does see white . What you need to do I think is set a page with a Transparent background and erase any white in your image that you do not want seperated . then run it through your program

· Registered
8,374 Posts
You need to have no background(transparent) or yes separation studio or most any other separation program will pick the background as a color and make a film plate. When designing the first thing I do is make a layer call background color. Then it can be easily turned off or deleted before separating. I understand when designing its nice to have the white or a color background instead of the checkerboard that photoshop uses when a transparent background is used. Freehand has support and will be happy to help if you call them during support hours.

Reactions: Robert26

· Registered
2 Posts
Separation Studio is mostly used for dark fabrics. There's an option that allows you to delete the white base/white top and generate black. Right click on each screen and delete the two whites, then on the top where the File menu is, there should be an option for you to generate black (usually generate black sharper).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.