T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need step by step instructions on how to separte the three colors on the attached artwork. I do not need the brown, because it is the color of the T-shirt. I need to create 3 films - one for the white image
- one for the black image
- one for the pink image
Then convert them all to black, so that I can print them and expose them on my screens.

The only programs that I have are CS2 and PhotoShops Element 3.0

Can someone please help. If this can't be done in the programs that I have, then please let me know.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
I need step by step instructions on how to separte the three colors on the attached artwork. I do not need the brown, because it is the color of the T-shirt. I need to create 3 films - one for the white image
- one for the black image
- one for the pink image
Then convert them all to black, so that I can print them and expose them on my screens.

The only programs that I have are CS2 and PhotoShops Element 3.0

Can someone please help. If this can't be done in the programs that I have, then please let me know.

Thanks
Adobe suite CS2, or just Illustrator or Photoshop CS2?

Anyhow, separating artwork is not hard. Let's ignore the CS2 something, since I don't know what it is you have.

In photoshop elements then, and I hope it has the basic functions I'm suggesting.

Duplicate your art layer 4 times. label them: green(shirt), and your first color, and your second color and your third.

If you have a black line outlining some elements, you may want to spread it - so it will cover any very minor mis-registrations.

So what do you do?

First thing, registration marks - so you can line up the plates after you print them - these can be on a new layer perhaps.

Each color layer, select everything the is the color of that layer, select inverse, and delete. Now select all, then nudge ( or deselect the empty area) - all the color objects are selected, fill with a black color.

repeat for each layer except the shirt color.

To spread the black, if you have black outlining something, select the black color - expand the selection maybe 2 to 5 pixels (depending on the resolution of your image), fill with black - select the inverse and delete. the black plate is now spread.

Turn off the visability of every layer except the one you want to print a plate of. Print all your plates. Make your screens.

Now, if you have a rip printing system - the rip will create separations for you as long as every color is specified as a distinct 'spot' color. The only plate you need to mess with is one where you want to spread something - in this case you would expand the selection of the color and fill with the same spot color to spread it. You can do this on a separate layer for just the spot color you mean to spread.

If you want to choke a color, select it and constrain the selection - making it smaller - select inverse and delete - do this on a separate layer - it will eliminate all other artwork.

See? pretty easy, and you can do it with almost any graphics application.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts