T-Shirt Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Nope, I didn't mess with the carriage unit at all (I think that encoder is located on the back of the carriage unit, right?).
no the encoder is on the left side looking from the front ,it reads the little plastic clear disk an the paper feed wheel or axel, you will see a red light on it. if you didnt move it thats not your problem..

whats the error say on screen..fatal?

·
Registered
232 Posts
i think we all mean the PF=paper feed sensor witch is attached to the encoder wheel.
There is a white plastic guide in the 2100 i thing the same for the 1900. if you removed this the alignment is impossible imo
Download the Service program so you can see the errors on your pc screen

·
Registered
840 Posts
if the behaviour is as i descibed a few posts ago then im willing to bet that step sensor is your problem. On initial setups it can take 10 - 20 attempts to get it in the correct position, i used blue tak on it until it worked then just poured super glue around the outside to fix it in place, not ideal but it works. Anyone else stripping one down, take pictures of the step sensors orientation/alignment on that wheel before taking it apart, it makes life a little easier.

we could use some pictures of your setup in particular the step sensor/encoder wheel part.

·
Registered
1 Posts
No, actually - my printer can't make it to ready state. It goes through the boot-up process until (I assume) it tests the PE sensor in the paper holder assembly, then I get the two flashing lights error. Do you think Multirip will override that?

Hello,

did you solved this problem? how?
thanks in advance

·
Registered
35 Posts
That bolted together piece looks like it should work?
I think to make it less cumbersome you could just use the motor side and only a portion of it and screw the board to the inside and glue the wheel to the end of the bar after you cut it.
Does that make sense?

·
Registered
35 Posts
This was done by cutting the motor side off of the paper feed and screwing the board onto the inside.
The sensor wheel was screwed on with a 1/4 20 screw i just ran a tap down through the hole in the shaft which is hollow i fired it up and got the pe light but no paper jam lights so i am assuming it works fine.

Attachments

21 - 30 of 30 Posts