T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all I would like to say that I love the quality of the transfers from SEMO, and their customer service is phenomenal but man their shipping charges are getting crazy high.

I just placed an order for a 50 count(7x12) print job and the total shipping charge was almost half the price of the prints. The print job was $37.50 and the shipping charges were $15.55. This is crazy :(

I'm not sure what to do. I really like SEMO but these type of charges really get me upset cause I ship stuff all the time and I have never paid this much for anything this size/weight.

Sorry for the rant... I was just extremely surprised by these charges.
Again, love SEMO quality but man these charges are insane :eek:

· Registered
644 Posts
It's pretty much that way for everyone. F&M does it too as does Howard who I used lately. For a company that ships a LOT of things out... their UPS charges should be much less than I could walk into UPS and ship stuff for. I realize it costs for packaging, but not an extra $7. Semo and F&M are cheap on their transfers so I understand (but don't like it) that they try and recoup any costs they can and make a little more. Howard on the other hand, isn't cheap, but their shipping was very high too. I've started adding $15 for shipping on EVERYTHING when quoting just because It's what we end up paying. After that, I haven't really looked or let it bother me since I know that I'm not actually paying for it. Stahl's even adds another $2.50 just for fun on their orders. Just plan in advance so that your customer pays it and chalk it up to Cost of goods sold. If you find someone realistic on shipping prices AND good quality please share.

· Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah it's just a small slap in the face cause you know it only costs them about $6-7 to ship a small package like that. I know because I that's what I pay.

I plan on adding the $15 from now on to every order as a "handling fee". It's just irritating that's all.

Sent from my HTC One X using T-Shirt Forums

· Registered
644 Posts
I'll add that I don't think it's exactly ethical to double charge for shipping. It doesn't matter what I can afford, they could just as well afford to NOT do it as I can to do it. But I don't do all the hidden charge junk either because I personally hate it. I've just resigned myself that this is the way it is when dealing with transfers. I've switched suppliers over .16 an item so yeah... it adds up.

· Registered
2,007 Posts
Stahl's even adds another $2.50 just for fun on their orders.
I noticed that extra charge also last week when I ordered from Stahls. I don't recall if it is something new or I just never noticed it. Going to be checking out some other suppliers to see there are extra charges applied.

· Registered
6,970 Posts
I'll add that I don't think it's exactly ethical to double charge for shipping. It doesn't matter what I can afford, they could just as well afford to NOT do it as I can to do it. But I don't do all the hidden charge junk either because I personally hate it. I've just resigned myself that this is the way it is when dealing with transfers. I've switched suppliers over .16 an item so yeah... it adds up.
I markup my shipping costs 30% so you must think I am a "bandit".....I am sure that "pisses" some of my clients off, however, they are free to do business elsewhere if they do not like my terms.....

On the order I am working on this morning, I was able to fit the chest logo on the same sheet as the back logo and I charged an extra 1.08 per shirt.....The extra imprint cost me nothing.....I charged what I could charge based on what my client was willing to pay....

· Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I find Silver Mountain to be the most reasonable.....Last order was 75 12 x 14 sheets shipped from KY to WA and the charge was 12.14.....

So you think the are overcharging you 8.00?.....I do not think an extra .16 per shirt will break you.....
So let's say you were to order from Silver Mountain again, the same order, and it was now $20.14 as opposed to $12.14, would that not upset you?

· Registered
6,970 Posts
So let's say you were to order from Silver Mountain again, the same order, and it was now $20.14 as opposed to $12.14, would that not upset you?

I generally do not worry too much about "small stuff" like that....It is what it is....So long as the supplier does good work and it reliable, a few $$s will not hurt me too much....

· Registered
178 Posts
First of all I would like to say that I love the quality of the transfers from SEMO, and their customer service is phenomenal but man their shipping charges are getting crazy high.

I just placed an order for a 50 count(7x12) print job and the total shipping charge was almost half the price of the prints. The print job was $37.50 and the shipping charges were $15.55. This is crazy :(

I'm not sure what to do. I really like SEMO but these type of charges really get me upset cause I ship stuff all the time and I have never paid this much for anything this size/weight.

Hi Joey. I definitely cant speak for all vendors, but as for us...we always charge the rate we pay for shipping that our shipper charges us as I feel that's
only fair...I believe that if a vendor is gonna charge more than they are paying that they owe it to you to tell you what you are paying the xtra money for..like
processing fees ( which may or may not include shipping supplies like boxes, tape,labels, etc...)

· Registered
8,374 Posts
Shipping charges have sky rocketed. That doesn't seem that bad. I know shipping films cost me around $10 when shipping to members and sometimes more depending on location . A handling fee covers your shipping materials. I buy tubes and boxes, tape gas to drop off if needed.

· Registered
275 Posts

What about if they ship from your UPS account number. Maybe you will have better pricing options. I used to work in a small business that had a fedex account and it was only like $8.00 to ship overnight through our account.

· Registered
130 Posts
Hi Joey. I definitely cant speak for all vendors, but as for us...we always charge the rate we pay for shipping that our shipper charges us as I feel that's
only fair...I believe that if a vendor is gonna charge more than they are paying that they owe it to you to tell you what you are paying the xtra money for..like
processing fees ( which may or may not include shipping supplies like boxes, tape,labels, etc...)
I can speak for us. Our online ordering system will calculate the freight
1. The weight of your package.
2. The size of the box. (oversize boxes are more expensive than the boxes used with 7x12 & 10x12 orders)
3. If you are residential the cost is more than a commerical address.
4. The daily rate of UPS.

If you have a UPS shipper number contact us and we can ship out your package on your UPS number.

If you feel your freight amount is unfair never hesitate to contact us. We will be happy to discuss the issues with you and work something out.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.