T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you handle the busine$$ aspects of selling your Tshirts in somebody else's catalog or on their website?

Do they just get a mark-up or what?
Do they ship or do you drop-ship based on info from them?

Sorry if this is a ?? that's been beaten to a frazzle, I am new here as you can see from the post count LOL

·
Administrator
14,019 Posts
It depends on the catalog. But they generally make the rules. They will tell you how much you are selling your shirts to them for, and you do the drop shipping. The larger the catalog, the less inventory they will want to have in house.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I've had fine luck just calling the catalog asking for the person in charge of purchasing t-shirts. Talk to them on the phone & ask if they'll take a look at a couple designs. I mail a shirt along with price list. Haven't had anybody pick up a shirt for a catalog yet, but the 2 I contacted both said to keep showing them new designs. Space in catalogs is limited so they only want to feature items that they are confident will sell a lot, and I think we all know how hard it is to get a design that sells a lot of units (to me 'a lot' means thousands of units)

·
Registered
332 Posts
You can sell to them at wholesale price or even dropship if that's something you're interested in doing. IT really all depends on how you want to run your business, price your shirts and how much money you want to make with your business. I personally prefer wholesale to dropshipping.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts