T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
13,203 Posts
badalou said:
One thing you need to be careful with is duplicating a companies trademark as you did with the Harley Davidson shirt..
There's also an MTV shirt, a Coke shirt, a Metallica shirt, a Bruce Lee shirt, etc. (and I think some of the others are trademark infringements I just don't quite recognise).

Sadly plenty of people have made that a successful eBay business model.

· Premium Member
13,203 Posts
rlfreshwater said:
It's $17 to ship 1-4 shirts airmail to the US and it takes 18-22 days.

Or you could go the cheaper route (seamail). It only costs $5 for 1-4 shirts but it takes 90 days.

And I thought the USPS was slow. :eek:
The seamail is totally standard (USPS takes just as long), but the airmail does seem a little slow. Also very expensive if someone wanted just one shirt.

· Premium Member
13,203 Posts
Ross B said:
That said, Ebay might put the brakes on, although they seem less than vigilant in pouncing on obvious offenders of similar ilk on Ebay Australia.
eBay will definitely cancel the auction if they are asked, and almost certainly won't if they're not specifically asked.

A while ago I caught someone ripping off one of my listings, I reported it, eBay promptly removed it. I then realised that all their listings were ripped, so I reported the others as well. eBay refused to remove them unless they were notified by the copyright holder, not just a third party.

Which I find interesting, because if a copyright holder was to sue them for publishing copyrighted content, their defense would be that they didn't know and can't possibly police the site. Which is fair in general, but once the infringement has been pointed out to them they can't claim ignorance, and are willfully publishing copyrighted content.

Ross B said:
Can't speak for other Ebay countries, but suspect it's the same globally.
Yeah, there are slight policy variations between each division but in general one countries eBay is the same as anothers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.