T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm not sure where to post this, so I hope you don't mind me posting in this category. I came across your site while searching for t-shirt forums on Google and was very impressed by the breadth and depth of t-shirt related stuff being discussed here.

I recently began selling t-shirts sourced from Asia on eBay and I was wondering if you all could provide some feedback on my designs. Since my target market is mainly people from the West, it would be great if you all could advise me on what designs would attract people such as urself.

The link is http://search.ebay.com/search/searc...kr=1&from=R8&satitle=tribalxchange&category0=

or, you can just go to eBay and search for 'tribalxchange'. Any advice provided will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! =)

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
One thing you need to be careful with is duplicating a companies trademark as you did with the Harley Davidson shirt.. The watch for things like this. It helps them find a reason to have lawyers on retainers.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
badalou said:
One thing you need to be careful with is duplicating a companies trademark as you did with the Harley Davidson shirt..
There's also an MTV shirt, a Coke shirt, a Metallica shirt, a Bruce Lee shirt, etc. (and I think some of the others are trademark infringements I just don't quite recognise).

Sadly plenty of people have made that a successful eBay business model.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Like others have mentioned, you've got plenty of copyright/trademark issues with most of your shirts. It's only a matter of time before you start getting nasty letters from lawyers.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Would suggest you look for some originality with your offering. I don't find anything attractive in these type of garments. You are risking prosecution
by adapting trademarks etc. I can't see you going anywhere with this.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Just some feedback on your ebay listing. It can be greatly improved.

First, USE GALLERY pics. People are not interested just by reading the title of your auction. Attract people with a nice gallery pic so it stands out from all the other listings on eBay.

You also need a more informative auction listing. State clearly your shipping, payment and returns policy. Promote your other designs in the listing so that people will buy more or find a T-shirt they actually like.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
There's a URL down at the bottom of the page where you can go to see the shipping rates.

It's $17 to ship 1-4 shirts airmail to the US and it takes 18-22 days.

Or you could go the cheaper route (seamail). It only costs $5 for 1-4 shirts but it takes 90 days.

And I thought the USPS was slow. :eek:

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
rlfreshwater said:
It's $17 to ship 1-4 shirts airmail to the US and it takes 18-22 days.

Or you could go the cheaper route (seamail). It only costs $5 for 1-4 shirts but it takes 90 days.

And I thought the USPS was slow. :eek:
The seamail is totally standard (USPS takes just as long), but the airmail does seem a little slow. Also very expensive if someone wanted just one shirt.

·
Premium Member
4,202 Posts
They are from Malaysia, that would possibly explain why shipping is as much as it is and the amount of time it would take to ship to the U.S.

It might also explain why there are so many knockoffs and the seemingly lack of concern for copyright infringement.

·
Premium Member
4,202 Posts
I don't doubt they would pursue it, I'm just not sure of how copyright laws work overseas when dealing with U.S. based companies. I think many times, it's a losing battle and they simply give up, but that's my understanding on it. That doesn't necessarily mean I'm right. ;)

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I dont know about the overseas deal myself in regaurds to infringement. I do Harley Davidson have folks all over the internet looking for Harley fakes. I even think the bar and shield graphic without it saying Harley in it is thier property. Like a bar/club etc with thier name within the bar-shield logo. There are a couple stories on the internet about lawyers letters going out to infringement folks. They are just one of many companies that pursue vigorously.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Anyone who has spent any time in SE Asia would be aware that copyright infringements of the type seen on this Ebay site are endemic throughout the region. Personally, I doubt that Harley Davidson or any other company would waste a cent on pursuing this breach of copyright - it's an impossible task, and they'd know that - and what would they have to gain going after the millions of very small businesses flagrantly breaching copyright and not considering they were doing anything wrong? Certainly not big bucks! The SE Asian context is completely different from that of the west.

That said, Ebay might put the brakes on, although they seem less than vigilant in pouncing on obvious offenders of similar ilk on Ebay Australia. Can't speak for other Ebay countries, but suspect it's the same globally.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts