T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done sublimation on the side now for over a year and it has been an interesting endeavor. Mainly koozies, mousepads, and phone covers. I'm quite a bit more familiar to the sign production world. The main purpose of this post though is to gauge interest in a service I'm considering creating. My day job is a software developer, and I have created several online sign and lettering designers myself. One thing I've noticed is that for a small business it is not easy to allow customers to design a sublimated product on your own website and follow through with purchase.

The question is, would you be interested in or use a service where you could configure a widget to be placed anywhere on your site to enable customers to design a particular product? For example, you sell personalized iPhone covers, but your site has no shopping cart. It may be a wordpress site, or static HTML site. Sure you can use paypal and add a drop down to buy an iphone cover, but your customer can't upload a file or see their actual design. You could create an iphone cover design online widget with this service, once completed you'll get a small piece of code you can place anywhere on your site to display the widget. You don't have to do anything else, the designer will just "work". When a customer visits your site they can upload their own background or select yours, possibly add and configure personalized text or clipart. When they press add to cart it will likely forward to paypal (or other providers) for purchase. Their design will be retrievable on the service website or can be emailed directly to you for production.

This concept would be applied to any and every sublimated product, so you could add the widgets which matched your product offering. Each widget would be somewhat configurable, for example, maybe you didn't want to allow them to upload their own designs?

Lastly, I really hope this doesn't violate spam guidelines. If so, please nuke my post :(. I'm not selling anything here and just looking to get some genuine feedback!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Glad to see there would be some interest. I will look into what it would take to build something like this. I have about 1/2 of the work already done from other projects of mine.

If you want me to email you directly about updates on it, just send me an email. It would also be helpful to know what products you'd like to see it support first? I'm assuming mugs, phone cases, mouse pads, koozies?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I know of a few sites that offer something like this. I know it sounds horrible but if you were to view the page source would it have the code in it?
It will have the html markup and the javascript code, but depending on how it was written that will likely only be one piece of a much more complicated program. You won't be able to see anything that is created on the server side.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.