T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am an artist who do primarily portraits. However I can draw anything. I have just started to design t-shirts from my original drawings in addition to new designs. I have a small heat press and I am learning how to use the air brush.My operation is currently at home. My question is what are some ways to market what I do.I am thinking about leaving some of my shirts at a few places on consignment but I don't know how to set it up or what percentage to offer the merchant. I am looking for some ideas. I can also airbrush portraits on t-shirts.

·
Registered
66 Posts
going online is probably the cheapest and easiest way to get your name/brand out to the most amount of people.. a good website can showcase your product, and give you far greater reach than most other forms of marketing..

my 2 cents :p

good luck

-JERICO

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
going online is probably the cheapest and easiest way to get your name/brand out to the most amount of people.. a good website can showcase your product, and give you far greater reach than most other forms of marketing..

good luck

-JERICO
I don't really have a name brand. I guess I am looking for the quickest and cheapest way to get started selling t-shirts and airbrushed products.
Does anybody know how to set up a consignment for t-shirts?

·
Registered
721 Posts
It's become very difficult to get retail stores to take items on consignment. Some other possible options are:

Check out some of the crafters co-ops in your area. Some charge outrageous fees, but some are very reasonable.

Is there a farmers market in your area? Many of them allow crafters to rent spaces. If the cost is not prohibitive, it can be a way to get visibility for your art.

Some clubs and community orgainzations hold Christmas boutique's starting in early November.

Network, network, network. Wear one of your shirts everywhere you go. And give shirts to people you know who can either wear them to work, or will wear them to the night club, or the coffeeshop.

Call on art galleries, museums, historical societies, etc. who have gift shops.

·
Registered
256 Posts

good luck

-JERICO
I have to agree! What did Bill Gates say 15 or so years ago - "there are two types of businesses, those online and those out of business." Almost a prophecy if you will.

You don't need a name brand to start, just a webpage and the branding will come. I would say setup a website and advertise locally on craigslist to start.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts