T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone had any luck selling on the street? i have a license that allows me to sell on the street in the city where i live and while people have gotten a chuckle out of my display and designs, they have mostly walked past and shown no interest in stopping to look at the shirts or consider buying one. whereas i've noticed that people hawking tables of jewellery and trinkets have no problem getting traffic. i would have thought that t-shirts would be a pretty easy impulse buy, but so far the public doesn't seem to agree.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Clothing becomes an issue of size and fit and where do they return it and how do they try it on.. Get one of those super large boxes and put it next to you table. One that a person can fit into and call it a dressing room. You can even make a folding dressing room with a mirror so you can take it with you.. hey I like that idea.. Oh and I have come to the opinion that price can be an issue. They expect you don't have a roof over your head that you save money on overhead so price should be lower. remember people are always comparing with brick and mooter stores. I saw this in San Fransisco recently also. People looked but were not buying. The person that was selling also looked like they were on their last meal. Be professional.. in appearance, and make sure your table is neat and all the shirts have a professional fold.

·
Registered
302 Posts
When I saw the title of this thread I thought this had to do with the website mentioned in that other thread: whorepresents.com. :D

Thank you, thank you, I'm here all week.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts