T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have been selling t-shirts for years and now I looking into printing them myslef. I have tried the heat transfers but they didn't seem to stay on the tops and flake off over time. Any tips on this ?

Im also looking into buying a new printer that prints directly on the t-shirts so any advice would be apriciated.

Thanks

Dylan

· Registered
128 Posts
Hello,

I am a small company with 2 shops and a website. I print all my own t shirts with a DTG kiosk 3. They are good quality as screen printing(although some on here may disagree). The finish is smooth and washes well.
What sort of printer have you thought about getting?

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a standard Pixma Canon printer, so I can do heat transfers. But was thinking of getting the DTG printer that prints direct on the Tees ? THe heat transfers that i have done are not lasting so I dont sell them> I wasnt sure about screen printing as you have to make all the screens. Thanks for your comments.

· Registered
144 Posts
Hello,

I am a small company with 2 shops and a website. I print all my own t shirts with a DTG kiosk 3. They are good quality as screen printing(although some on here may disagree). The finish is smooth and washes well.
What sort of printer have you thought about getting?

I disagree that the quality is the same as screen printing. You are also very limited with a DTG machine. Screen printing has so many more options when decorating a garment.

Also, what are you going to do if a customer wants 1k, 5k, or 20k pieces? Call a contract screen printer would be my first guess.

· Registered
128 Posts
Hello,

I am not in the market to do bulk orders. I leave that to the big boys. I simply do a few cutomer orders and our own designs for our shops. The dtg is able to print on side panel and alsorts . But am not looking to steal work from screen printers. And i think the finish is great. As i have seen a lot of screen printing that cracks up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.