T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I am currently debating on whether or not I should get a vendor's space at a Music and Arts festival close to where I live. I'm an independent artist/printer/seller and if I decide to rent a booth I will be selling (in addition to my shirts) sunglasses with my logo and a design on the sides, posters, and post cards (both with my shirt designs on them, and possibly some text). A booth and tent will cost me around $150, and the glasses, cards, and posters will run me another couple hundreds of dollars. I am afraid that I might not get a return on the money because I haven't yet dipped my toes in the selling of the additional products or in this kind of retail (I'm exclusively on-line right now).

Is the investment worth it? Has anyone here had any experiences with events like these?

I do hope I am making some sense, and if not I can clarify.

· Premium Member
12,270 Posts
So, you basically haven't had a chance to test your product fully yet? See how people react, which things they like the most, etc.? Maybe find out why some things don't move like you thought they would? If so, and if you have enough product ready to test... go for it! Best case scenario, you make money. Worst case scenario, you learn some things you needed to know to make money next time.

· Registered
1,474 Posts
We market like that all spring, summer and fall at many festivals, events and specialized outdoor markets. But we target events that cater to our specific demographic, or that a significant number of our demographic will be attending. It is an investment that might not pay off at the first few events.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.