T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Personally the thought of having no FEMA scares the heck out of me. Sure they dropped the ball in NOLA, but let's see how they react to Texas before we go shutting them down completely. :)

·
Registered
387 Posts
Good Morning Shaun . . . (hope you don't take this as being critical)

you might get some bites on the tee -- especially ebay knocking at your door . .
you have two listing violations . .
1. - you can not list your website
and
2. - you can not give choice of size . .
on the choice of sizes . . there is a VERY fine line in the interpretations (sp?) of choice...
since your ebay ID starts off with 'zero' feedback . . you might be subject to either a warning . . or if another jealous seller comes along -
they might submit a complaint to ebay and have the auction listing shut down . .
ebay would look at it.. as lost $$ . . --- since there is 5 sizes available ... there would be 4 listings ( size L - XL - 2XL - 3XL) that ebay would lose revenue on listing fee's + Final value fee's . .

this line might be cause for listing shut down---
If you would like more than one of these, please feel free to email me, I will be happy to help you out.

offering to sell out of auction is a HUGE no no . . .after the listing closes
. . well... what goes on behind closed doors . . thats your business . . know what I mean . . LOL*~ . .

Now.. if the listing read something like this . .
If you have any questions or concerns, or if you need additional Tshirts please feel free to email me, I will be happy to make those tshirts available through my ebay auctions . .

--- if you wish to have your website available for future buyers to find you . . and be within ebay's policy ... build and list your website on your 'about me' page . . . ..
you can direct buyers to your 'about me' webpage . .
with a simple line like . . . Please visit my ABOUT ME page for further information . . (such as -- you being available with days and time... any specials that you are offering through ebay . . etc)

Also . .you listed --- Shipping is included in the bid price---
. . . I would change this... to FREE shipping . . people loooooove FREE shipping . .
and then put some type of watermark on your sample picture . . so that someone else doesn't borrows your idea without permission . .
beeeeeeecause that does happen alot on ebay . . and without hosting your own picture/graphic . . . it will be your word against the person that took it from you . .

also .. offer your auctions to international bidders as well . .
BUT be sure to list the cost of shipping for overseas/canadian bidders . .

(no offense to the British) -- brit's love to collect US items

anyway . . . hope all helps . .

Diane

·
Registered
249 Posts
jdr8271 said:
you can get away with all of those things though, as long as your selling alot of shirts. Ebay only makes statements by ending auctions, with people who dont sell much.
I was moving quite a few shirts on eBay a few months ago and the policy police began ending my auctions. They are cracking down on violations such as size options and links to sites selling similar merchandise. I even started hiding links by making banners clickable and such and their "screen scraping" applications caught them and ended multiple auctions of mine... while bids were in on the items. I have since cut our eBay sales way back.

·
Registered
387 Posts
jdr8271 said:
you can get away with all of those things though, as long as your selling alot of shirts. Ebay only makes statements by ending auctions, with people who dont sell much.
jdr8271... is not so anymore . . ebay has their police pink pups surfing the site looking for violations . . there are several main things that they have been keeping close track on . . . corporation trademark/copyright infringements... illegal items, white keywords, choice, and they have always kept a close eye on website links, oversize banners/icons, etc . .directing bidders/buyers to or for out of auction sales . .

you can get around the website thing by listing your site on your about me page ...however the price of your items on the website has to be higher in price than what you offer on ebay

the only link that is really allowable in your auction listing is a informational link that would be a reference to the product that you are offering for sale . .

--- neghcho . . your auction listing has a high number of viewers . .
which is a good thing . .. however . . it only takes one oops to wipe away 1000 thataboys..... :eek:

Diane

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes I completely understand what you guys are saying. I don't plan on selling many shirts on ebay in the future, because of the sheer cost. Almost 2.00 just to add a gallery picture and sell a single t-shirt? Way too much when you're trying to price competetively. Thanks for all the input. Those will probably be my first and only listings on ebay for t-shirts.

·
Registered
387 Posts
neghcho . . . you gotta spend $$$ to make $$ . . . once you get pass the feedback of 10 + xamount of days as being a community member in good standing . . it would be wise to open an ebay store -- ebay stores are searchable throughout the internet . . also . . . NOT to mention -- you can list 1000+ of the same type of Tee on one store listing for about 9 cents for 120 days . . . PLUS . . if the buyers comes to your ebay store through an internet link outside of ebay you get back a % of the final value fee . . .

there are some items that have to be planned for -- at least 3 to 6 months in advance . . kind of like flowing with tides of the seasons . . like crafters do . .

Diane

·
Registered
65 Posts
But theres also alot of exposure...... My wife and I are selling automotive products and even though we have gotten away with listing our website with prices cheaper than what we sell on ebay (shhh), I have yet to get an order from our site while we continue to sell through ebay. :)

The worst thing that can happen is you get a warning. Ebay is here to make money and will not stop you for some small infractions.

One thing that I noticed off the bat is the way you shown the image. I have not sold one shirt but viewing it as a customer, I'd like to see the image on a shirt. Either modeled, layed flat or even just an image of a shirt with your image on it.

thats my 2 cents.

·
Registered
249 Posts
CJK440 said:
The worst thing that can happen is you get a warning. Ebay is here to make money and will not stop you for some small infractions.
This is simply not true... they have ended no fewer than a dozen of my auctions for "small infractions" like having a link to my website in the auction and/or including sizing options in an auction.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Sorry Jay, your right, thats what I meant about a warning, canceling offensive listings. I doubt they are going to permanently ban you from ebay for first time infractions.

As for the size listings. What if you didn't list a size at all?? I imagine an interested party would inquire in which you can just tell them they choose after the auction. If you have an original design, they aren't going to just go to the next guy.

As for website listings, I've seen a few members use a wwwnamecom as their member name. Can you still do that?

·
Registered
249 Posts
CJK440 said:
As for the size listings. What if you didn't list a size at all?? I imagine an interested party would inquire in which you can just tell them they choose after the auction. If you have an original design, they aren't going to just go to the next guy.
when you list articles of clothing there is a drop down to specify what size the item is... you are allowed to leave this blank, however, when you proceed it tells you that this method of listing my be in violation of eBay's regulations. I started putting a line in my auction instructing the winner to specify what size they wanted. Even though I had it listed as a medium or large.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts