T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello csmgrl,

Rodney covered most of the topic but from personal experience I think the best thing to do is:

1) Make a lookbook of your designs, if possible show pictures of people wearing them so the buyers will know the fit. Create a lifestyle theme..(see my book for reference http://www.raakmo.com/lookbook/lookbook.pdf).
2) Make a list of all the stores that you believe can carry your product.
3) Call the stores and get the buyer info.
4) Call the buyer and introduce your company and product. Try to setup a time to stop by and show your stuff to them. Also, get their email address and email them your lookbook (and website info if you have one). Comes in very handy when you come out with new designs.

You can actually buy a list of stores from places like infomat.com. But you will still have to call each store and get in touch with the right buyer. If you don't want to do your own sales there are showrooms that you can contact to carry your line and present it to buyers.

Hope this helps...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Rodney said:
Any suggestions for what to say to the buyer to get them excited about your product or at least to get your foot in the door?
Buyers want to know what's different about your product. Any celebrities wearing your stuff or any magazines showing/mentioning your product will definitely catch their attention.

If I think of something else I'll definitely let you konw..

·
Registered
23 Posts
The look book is in PDF format. You can use arrow keys to scroll through the book.

As for celebrities...PR firms work the best. They already have established connections with celebrities and can get your stuff to them easily.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.