T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm going to be selling at an event in a couple weeks and need some help. The people running the event are going to provide a 2ft x 6ft table and 2 chairs. Now the question I have is for a table cover, what would be a good size to at the very least cover the table all the way to the floor on at least 3 sides. I tried asking other people, but none of us seem to understand the math involved in measuring or calculating something like that. So any information would be appreciated.

·
Registered
91 Posts
So, the tables that are 6'long X 2'wide are typically 3' off the floor.

Given that, you will need about a 3'3" drop on every side (that's giving for the thickness of the table on all sides), to make sure it hits the floor. It *may* give just a bit of overflow, but NOT much.

You will need a covering that is 12'6"long X 8'6"wide.

**length= 3'3"(floor drop)+6'(table length)+3'3"(floor drop)= 12'6" length

**width= 3'3"(floor drop)+2'(table width)+3'3"(floor drop)=8'6" wide

That should give you sufficient covering.

Good luck.
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
558 Posts
I use plastic table skirting over a tablecloth that I get at a party store. If you are sitting behind the table this lets you leave it open and have access to stock underneath.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I use plastic table skirting over a tablecloth that I get at a party store. If you are sitting behind the table this lets you leave it open and have access to stock underneath.
I looked up a table skirt because I didn't know that was what something like that was called. This does look like a set up I could go with and I do like having the back of the table open to access things under the table. Though one question I have is, if I wanted to hang a vinyl banner on the front side of the table via attaching it to the table skirt would it be able to hold? I ask since I'm not sure how strong the adhesive that would stick the skirt to a table or table cover is.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Are you talking an indoor/outdoor type vinyl with grommets? It has been 3 years since we've done events but I think we did hang a vinyl banner from a skirt by using lots of binder clip all along the top to distribute the weight. How big is the banner?

·
Registered
558 Posts
That's not too large. You could reinforce the adhesive with additional double sided tape along the table edge.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts