T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I want to create some decent quality tshirts with a particular concept in mind. What Im trying to figure out is if I should gor for a chic demographic or the masses. My concern with the chic only approach is that soon enough Im a sure others will copy my idea---- and Im afraid that by doing chic only I may miss out on more massive sales to a more general public.

The concept is very simple I have would work for both. But according to me, when "the masses" wear something, then it goes out of style or looses buzz. Maybe not.

I have thought of maybe creating two lines: one for the masses and one for the boutique/chic buyers. Since I will be putting a brand on my tshirts, should I create two different brands, kinda like what Ralp Lauren does....Polo, Chaps, etc.........?

thanks

·
Registered
950 Posts
Well your thinking big that's for sure.
I would do what ever will make you the most money.
If you go ultra chic, you could charge much higher amounts for your designs, but getting into that category is probably not easy to do. Very trendy yet very limited or one of a kind exclusive designs can sell in high end chic trendy boutiques, but I have no idea how to go about that. Selling to the "the masses" has a lot of competition, but your designs are yours. If they want your design, they have to buy your shirt. Remember, you don't have to be the cheapest shirt out there. Compete with others by having great designs. If you sell a large enough amount of shirts to "the masses" that others will copy your own designs and flood the market so bad that the buzz (if you can generate one) will wear off, then you are definitely doing something right!

One cool thing about t-shirts in my opinion is that the buzz is always changing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts