T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rodney & Inkette are on the money regarding the Brother GT-541 and it's ease of use and "workhorse" reputation.

Jerseyshore, your timing is pretty good.
There is an Open-House/ Roadshow at the Holiday Inn, Raritan Center, Edison, NJ on August 19th (a Tuesday) from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
The Brother GT-541 will be featured along with seminars. There will be owners of the GT-541 there also, as they are having an advanced user conference in ther afternoon.

You can register by calling 1-800-525-4657 if you are interested. I do not believe it is necessary, but it would be appreciated as they are having refreshments :)

Best regards,
Carmen

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: DTG Machine Suggestions....please!!!

Dear Raise,

$14,000.00 I would not want to go through the maCHINAtions (SP?)of the "curve".

You can add a case of shirts, but how about your sanity? Your time.... ($INK SCHMINK TOO)

You buy a PRODUCTION machine, you are only responsible for the transport of info (graphics) to your printer, & not the internal workings of your $14,000.00 new asset.

EXAMPLE:
You purchase a car, get a tune-up occasionally, change the oil, fill it with fuel (ink), but not weekly.

You expect to turn the key and go, as long as you know "How" to give it gas.

I respect that you climbed up the hill. You can probably take your printer apart and put it back together
on your own.

You are more hands on than I, but I would not want to purchase a production machine of such high maintenance.
I am not putting down your choice of DTG Printers, but, Raise, not everyone is as mechanically inclined as you. I appreciate your honesty.

Once again in this new technology, it is people like you that contribute to the knowledge for "new kids on the block".

Wishing you continued success, and look forward to your input.

Peace out,

Carmen

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Dear BobbieLee,

Surely you read that I had much respect for all the owners of DTG's.

Just put in my input. Thought that is why these forums are here.

Meant no disrespect for your beloved DTG. Not being fresh!!

Are you a screen printer too?

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts

Carmen, I totally understand what you were saying, I was just trying to let others know that basically it really comes down to what is best for the future machine owner, although all advice does help.

There will always be difference of opinion, but I also know from experience that it is not as bad as people make it out to seem, and I think alot of the time people hear how bad it can be, from people that do not own white ink printing printers. So its just really important to have opinions from actual users. The way I went into it was knowing everything that could possibly go wrong and expect it. None of what I expected or knew could go wrong did, because I had prepared myself well. I think that is what is most important, educating ones self before purchase.

Carmen do you do direct to garment printing? Just curious :) Also in answer to your question, no I dont do screen printing, I wish I did hehe :) I dont have that kind of space, if I did I would definately add it for large orders, but for now I do well with my dtg and just added vinyl.

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
Hi Carmen,

I just wanted to let you know I have moved these posts out of the forum areas as we do not allow self promotion or posting on a forum negative information on competitors products. Please read the rules here about about self promotion and posting negative information about competing products http://www.t-shirtforums.com/forum-information/t1173.html. We welcome distributors to post relevant information to their products with out promoting it ie. if someone asks a question about a problem or product it is ok to answer that persons question, without trying to sell.

If you have any questions at all please feel free to ask.

Thanks so much.

BobbieLee

1 - 6 of 6 Posts