T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am based in Victoria and I am starting a business fresh, starting with Tees. I am trying to look for a place (preferrably in Victoria or Australia) that can deal with ALL the things I am after;

Blank shirts

Screen printed

Labeled with my company name and 'made in' etc

Shipped

And to top all that, someone who is willing to do very small order quantities!

I am interested to see how others have gone with trying to do all these, I have spent most of my day today going through these forums.. they are fantastic!!

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Congrats on starting a new biz!

You have two conflicting requirements here. Screenprinting + small order quantities. Not many screenprinters will want to deal with orders less then 50pcs. Those type of small orders are mainly the work for DTG and Dye Sub printers.

re labels with your company name and 'made in', Again, small quantities would be a big ask. You probably need to order about 100-200 labels minimum and even then it would be costly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah thats what i am saying, i would be doing a minimum of around that mark.. 50 odd, but yeah I have been in touch with a few people!

AS Color are in AUS now, I have a contact there.. 100% tees for $4.49! (Made in the US)

Still waiting to hear back from a few screen printing mobs

I am in touch with a label mob in NZ

Full steam ahead!!!!

·
Registered
90 Posts
You should talk to Gildan if you like the AAA's from AS Colour. The Gildan Ultra Cotton is the same USA Spec 205 gsm 100% cotton T/Shirt for HEAPS cheaper! In Aus Superior Activewear in NSW are the distributor.

In my opinion the Gildan wear a lot better than the AAA's. Also the colar in the AAA is HUGE and the finishing is not as nice.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi Zhenjie, I disagree totally. We use Gildan product for all our USA streetwear labels, some are very large and well known in which we are doing runs of over 20,000 T's per season. The Style 2000 Ultra Cotton T-Shirt is by far the best value around! The reason it is cheaper than most is because Gildan produce 1.4 million of them a day, giving the scale for it to be that cheap.

If you really know as much as you say you do about T-Shirts you would not judge aproduct by its cost. The Ultra Cotton T-Shirt is a Superior to, or at least an equal any open end yarn product on the market.

I would agree with you on some Gildan product to a retail enviroment, but certainly the Ultra Cotton T-Shirt if you are looking for a standard open end product is by far the best value around retail or Promo.

PS: Have you had a chance to look at the new Gildan Ring Spun product?

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Valid points printon. In the USA, yes Gildan is well known and might be suitable for retail, but I feel that in Australia standards are higher, percetion of a t-shirt 'cut' here are different to that of the USA. Australian's aren't inclined to buy boxy, loose fit t-shirts in a retail store. The average t-shirt here would be around $30 RRP compared to $10-$20 in the USA, so I think the market demands a higher quality t-shirt in 'most cases'.

Actually, I should have mentioned their 64000 range, I have a sample and definitely a worthy AA alternative, you're right about that! Can't wait to check out their color range.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I see your point Zhenjie, and agree with what you have said to a point. I think it depends on the style of garment your going for as to what the limits are. I was comparing the Ultra Cotton to the AAA that AS Cotton stock, and in my opinion you would be mad to buy the AAA over Gildan's Ultra Cotton, as it is much more expensive for essentially the same T-Shirt which is not as well finished. (In my opinion - I don't like the neck in the AAA).

I am looking forward to the Ring Spun product also! Not only is it a worthy alternative/competitor to the AA, but the price is amazing compared to what we are used to paying (In NZ anyway) for this type/qulaity of garment!

I know to start with the Gildan Ring Spun colour pallet will be a little limited, but they will build it very quickly! I really like their new Cherry Red that it is going to come in. Premium Apparel, the NZ Distributor has this available in the Ultra Cotton and its a really nice Red. Should look great in the more fitted 64000(L).

·
Registered
90 Posts
Squali i think you have chosen well in using that. Value for money it is a great shirt and I think in retail it will go well.

Good luck!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Are you in NZ Squali? I would be glad to help you out if you are. We do operate in Aus, but we aren't in a position to be able to be much help over there.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I can't help you too much in Aus, however I do think you have made a good choice using the Gildan Ring Spun.

Good luck! Hope it goes well for you.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts