T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
937 Posts
Well, you don't need all that much pressure for screen printing. Most of the smaller models will do the job. Around 1000 psi is fine. You will not want a gas powered model either. Stay with electric and make sure that the pump turns off when you let go of the trigger. You really don't need to spend more than $100 or so on it if its on sale. Read a few reviews online about any model you're interested in, but don't really pay too much attention to the reviews where the buyer thought their $100 pressure washer would do the job of a $1000 pressure washer. It will not. Nor will it last as long, but after you burn it out in a couple of years, just get another one. If you plan to also use it around the house or business for other types of pressure washing jobs, other than washing your car, then start looking at 2500 psi or more.

· Registered
145 Posts
we've been using this one with no issues

Sears: Online department store featuring appliances, tools, fitness equipment and more

there are a number of them out there, and in the $100 price range I think they're all essentially the same, but we settled on because of the name brand. cheap-o electric pressure washers are pretty notorious for not having the longest lifespan (we beat the living crap out of ours...) and we figure if we went with the name brand / reputation of black & decker we'd have the best chance at getting a replacement, or at least some help if the time comes where it goes kaput

that said, we run this pretty much daily, or at least every other day, and it has lasted over a year. our first one lasted about a month.

· Registered
245 Posts

· Registered
708 Posts
I got a Karcher 1400 and did an entire driveway and large back patio with it. It probably took longer than a gas powered one would but I don't have to worry about the carburetor gumming up if I don't use it regularly. I saw a lot of advice against getting an electric one since they're "toys" but it did fine. It was a clearance item for $50 at Walmart but I wouldn't have minded if it had been $100. I generally try to avoid cheap one-time-use things but $50 vs $300 for the average gas powered one was too good to pass up, and so far it's held up fine. Walmart has the Karcher 1600 now. If you have a BJ's Wholesale Club membership the one by us had a Karcher for about $150 with every single attachment they make.

· Registered
1,113 Posts
What ever you get, do NOT get the one I got. its the Greenworks 1500 psi electric powerwasher. Its a load of bull. It does not have a constant stream of pressure, you have to let it "recharge" after about 15 seconds of using the pressure in the water. There is no place to store the hose, and its a pain in the butt to use. I made a big mistake buying it. But I guess when you spend 100 bucks on one, thats what you get.

· Registered
145 Posts
What ever you get, do NOT get the one I got. its the Greenworks 1500 psi electric powerwasher. Its a load of bull. It does not have a constant stream of pressure, you have to let it "recharge" after about 15 seconds of using the pressure in the water. There is no place to store the hose, and its a pain in the butt to use. I made a big mistake buying it. But I guess when you spend 100 bucks on one, thats what you get.
Not sure if you've considered this, but we had a similar issue and the problem was the pressure of the water feeding the power washer. Seems obvious in hindsight but running them like you are (start->stop->start) is going to fry that thing in a second

· Registered
8,278 Posts
To get mine to stop short cycling I have to take out tip without pump on and run. I have a long hose hooked yo so it takes a while to get all air out. Also some of the cheaper garden hoses will clapse when hooked up to a pressure washer. I took back 2 pressure washers 10 years ago because of this.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.