T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I am making the move from printing on blanks to cut&sew. I'm just seeking pretty basic information on the subject.

Do cut&sew facilities generally contract with fabrics/trim suppliers? Or is that something I should have worked out before approaching the cut&sew manufacturers? What about the patternmaker?

Resource on the subject seem pretty scarce online. Any information on the subject is welcome.

· Registered
2 Posts
Hi, this is my first day as a member and was just browsing and looking for topic that is my concern, but saw your post and maybe I can help a little. I'm semi-retired now and have worked in large international (1 million units per week) factories and also owned my own small (100 employees) factory here in the states.

quick reply to your question is yes cut and sew facilities already have their own fabric/trim suppliers. fyi, cut and sew factories are a dying breed and will be very difficult to find. I live in El Paso, Texas and many years ago (25+) cut and sew facilities were everywhere. Now you can't find any. maybe other parts of the Country like (LA Ca.), but you'll probably have a difficult time finding one...

I'm sure you have other questions and if I can I'll try to answer them...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.