T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found great success with the knowledge of this community. I have an "old" shirt from a client that want's the exact font. Problem is they don't know what the font is. So attached is the shirt with the font. If anybody could help I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks

· Registered
634 Posts
I think Vectordoctor has a good call with the Aktuelle Regular. That looks pretty close. If they really want exact, you could scan the shirt and either trace it yourself in a vector program, or have one of the many vectoring services trace it for you for pretty cheap.

Good luck,
Nick

· Registered
2,667 Posts
Some online groups post text to be identified so viewers can suggest possible fonts. Another method is the user (person trying to identify font) is asked questions about the existing text characters such as whether the general appearance looks printed or handwritten and if the letters have serifs. You are also asked to make judgements about how certain letters are formed. For example, does the lower case "a" look like example 1 or example 2. Each answer you give is used to narrow the selection of possible fonts. At the end you are given a selection of fonts so even if you don't find the exact font you'll most likely find something close.

· Registered
736 Posts
If I'm bored I try Identifont as well as all the other identifiers out there, but I haven't found a match through that system in years. I really should just quit, but I figure in some rare cases it might show up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.