T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Looks really good!

Can you put a frame around the main section in the middle? This way you have a background and a forground?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow dub! that is quite amazing! you got the old shop and new shop combined lol. congrats I don't know how that happened :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
badalou said:
Looks a lot better but when I went to make the shirt larger, it didn't it was the same size?

yes this is the only problem i need to fix atm. I didn;'t want to put full sizeimages and let the script resize etc because then it take forever to load. I am looking for a mod for oscommerce which allows me to have when they click enlarge show a totally different bigger image any ideas?

joe

·
Registered
98 Posts
AHA, Figured it out Joe....I must have had some of your old oscommerce settings cached in my system. I deleted my temp files and reloaded the site.

Looks great, I like it a million times better than your old design. One thing I noticed is that when you click on "enlarge" on the t shirt, it doesnt actually enlarge it.

Pretty impressed by the difference in your first to second design though, good job and good luck!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK I did some editing so now I upload 2 images and on the main page the small image uploads then when you click enlarge it uploads a totally different image but a bigger copy so now the index page doesnt load slow because of having only one big image and having to load and resize!

:) www.vovico.com

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Whoa! Much nicer template and very slick looking. I'm probably biased because I love that bluish color :)

I think my only suggestion at this point would be to use a larger thumbnail at first so a person doesn't have to get several clicks into the site before they see a clear version of the design on the t-shirt (they may decide it's not worth it after a few clicks trying to view the different designs).

Check out bustedtees.com to see what I'm talking about. Your first t-shirt images would work fine without being on the t-shirt. Just a closeup image of JUST the design. Then when you click on it, it could show the image of the design mocked up on the t-shirt with a click to enlarge to show the larger view.

That way, it would be much less clicks for the customer to scan and see all the designs and see which one stands out to them.

100% improvement over the old design though. Great job!

PS. You should also look into the SEO/Search Engine Friendly URL mod or option for oscommerce to make your catalog pages easier to spider for the various search engines.

·
Registered
97 Posts
At the top you have choose your language and currency yet english and USD are the only choices (no choice) - I would get rid of that - also you can change the footer to copyright you instead of powered by OSC as you have changed it significantly - just make sure you follow the GNU license and leave all the info in the source code. I think it looks very nice - not OSC -ish at all!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts