T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am considering starting a T-Shrit business. I am just wondering what kind of machines or supplies would I need if I wanted to screenprint myself rather than outsourcing it. I would be printing on various colors of blank t -shirts. Please advise if you can help.

Thank you,

Spreading Love
Toronto, Canada

·
Registered
20 Posts
You might want to look into getting a 4-color manual press, or something similar to keep costs down, but still be able to screen print on your own. The manual press has quite a bit of leeway with screen size and the like, so I think that would probably be your best bet for starters.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have purchased equiptment for screenprinting and I am lost !! I understand the machinery aspect but I am not familiar with adobe or corel and I was wondering if anyone can point me in a direction for simple printing to start.I hope this doesn't make me seem like a hopeless cause but I can't seem to get the hang of these 2 programs.
I have a 4 color manual press.Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
71 Posts
bkayhill said:
I have purchased equiptment for screenprinting and I am lost !! I understand the machinery aspect but I am not familiar with adobe or corel and I was wondering if anyone can point me in a direction for simple printing to start.I hope this doesn't make me seem like a hopeless cause but I can't seem to get the hang of these 2 programs.
I have a 4 color manual press.Thanks for any advice.
Get the book How to print t-shirts for fun and profit...(the screenprinting bible). Lot of useful stuff!!

Corel draw has a small lerning curve compared to the other programs. There is a dvd series sold by the screenprinting institute that is great. it will save you a ton of time learning C.D. I think the name is Corel Draw for screenprinters...I got a copy somewhere.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts