T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a company that wants their logo screen printed onto a poker table. Problem being I've sound it almost impossible to secure the table while I print the image so it makes it easy to screw one up. Also the heater leaves burn marks on the table. I've been told you can screen print onto transfer paper and then iron it onto the table and it should look flawless. Does anyone know what type of transfer paper I would use for this and where I can buy it (in Canada)?

Please let me know any ideas you have for solving this problem.
-J

· Registered
4,169 Posts
You can buy the transfer paper from Ace.
Ace Screen Supply Company - Home

Irons are notoriously unreliable for heat setting transfers, I think you're taking a big risk by using one.

Considering the print will not go through the rigors of being worn (stretched, pulled, washed in a machine) you probably don't need plastisol and could use a more general purpose solvent based (air dry) ink.

· Premium Member
4,310 Posts
I have a company that wants their logo screen printed onto a poker table. Problem being I've sound it almost impossible to secure the table while I print the image so it makes it easy to screw one up. Also the heater leaves burn marks on the table. I've been told you can screen print onto transfer paper and then iron it onto the table and it should look flawless. Does anyone know what type of transfer paper I would use for this and where I can buy it (in Canada)?

Please let me know any ideas you have for solving this problem.
-J
I assume the table is already assembled. The material that is being printed on I can assume is also felt?

If both of those are true, I would only print a single color image but I wouldn't even use a press. Take an oversized screen like a 23x31 and burn a large image in it. Then I'd probably tape a strip of 1/4" thick wood on the bottom of the frame on all sides so you have off contact. Then I would center it in the table and then use an air dry ink from Nazdar. I would contact them and tell them the material you want to print on. If you have samples, you can send it to them and they will do test printing for you and recommend the right inks.

I'd make sure the frame is secure, most likely with 1 or 2 people holding it, then flood coat your screen and print.

You need to work quickly but also clean, especially with a table. You mess one of those up and you have to recover it.

Anyway, that's what I would do.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.