T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a graphic designer who has now stepped in someone else's mess. This is my dilemma.

My equipment: An adobe postscrip 3 printer. Corel X3 (new to me), ps cs3, and illustrator cs3.

My dilemma. I am quite functional with illustrator. Most of my design work is done here. I have been pretty successful with printing out one, two and three color films to be burnt into screens directly from illustrator.

Now, my real dilemma is that I am getting requests for 1,2,3,4 color jobs with gradients (halftones).

I have tried using the cmyk printing format and when it gets to my screen printer the colors are always off. I thought that maybe it was a pantone issue, but I am not sure.

I have looked for tutorials, but seem unable to find much in corel, and now think that may be the wrong place to look.

Can someone advise me on where I can get more information as to the correct way to print on a postscript printer, and which program would be the best to use.

This is frustrating!

Thanks to the angel who can help me.

nhoffme:confused:

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
In Corel use pantone colors. When you go to print the options tray pops up.
Select postscript on the lower left you can set the lpi or dots size, we use 36. Then go to prepress and put on alignment marks, then the print separations tab and check the box. Hit print preview and at the bottom it will show you what seps are to be printed.
John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts