T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just curious and wanted to know if most of you on this board are printing directly on t-shirts via screen printing or using heat transfers.

If most of you are doing shirts via heat press, are you designing the prints, then farming the transfer out. If so...what companies have you used?

Thanks
Cotton

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
I've been mostly doing my own prints, but I did order some plastisol transfers from www.silvermountaingraphics.com that should (should meaning I haven't quite perfected the transfering for these tricky transfers) work great. Silver Mountain was a bit slow to respond to my initial email (2-3 days) but after that they were good. Others have also suggested www.first-edition.com.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Twinge,

I am assuming that you sell both online and off? I never really liked heat transfers, just because of the hand that you get. But, since I have been out of it for such a long time....I am not up on how the technology has changed.

How is the hand on the shirts that you do transfers on? Is it still that heavy plastic feel?

cotton

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Normal transfers (for light shirts) are not bad at all anymore if you're using quality paper (Transjet II / Magic Jet). You can feel them a little bit when they are first applied, but as soon as it goes through the wash its almost 0 hand.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts