T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Have not done many 2 color jobs.

Doing a shirts for a band. I have tan shirts that have a black design in the background and printing White text over that (so over portions of the black ink).

Do you print the black, then flash, then print the white, then cure? OR will this result in different colors where the black and white are overlapping?

Any help is apprecieated, as I need to set up my screens. . .

-mrtshirtmaker

·
Registered
175 Posts
well for that type of job the general rule of thumb is to print light to dark.. but if you havent knocked out the black portion of the image where the white will be printing, i would print black, flash, white.. but if the black and white do not overlap anywhere, or if you set the file up so that the white and black do not overlap at all with the exception of a small trap, then i would print white flash black

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They do overlap. . and some of the black shows through the white. . .I thought about knocking out the black, but that would affect the design. . . I don't want to have to redo the screens !

So you think I can print safely over black in with white?

its Plastisol ink on gilden 100 cotton. . .

·
Registered
175 Posts
The black may show through the white if it is serious overlap, then print black flash white flash white . That should do the trick. I am assuming you are using a 110 mesh for the white? Any higher mesh than that, i dont know how your coverage would look. give it a shot

1 - 6 of 6 Posts