T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i seen this guy who designed this amazing screen stretching device on my facebook. i contacted him to try to purchase one of his things but due to his location he is unable to ship the product to the us. it looks very simple to make but i dont know what it is that he is using to make the frame with. i tried to make something similar out of 2*2 square tubing and attaching some screen door stuff to the top where i could apply the mesh then use the screen door rubber to hold it down to the tubing. it didnt work because of the amount of pressure applied was just to much for it. i wish i could find out what this guy is using to construct his frame from. here is an image of what he is using. does anyone recognize this stuff? he slid a piece of plastic in the grove and it held the mesh perfectly while stretching, looked like it got plenty tight without the mesh popping out. here is an image of the material and also a video link to see his contraption at work
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sdb5G8g_V0k

Attachments

· Registered
2,997 Posts
so i seen this guy who designed this amazing screen stretching device on my facebook. i contacted him to try to purchase one of his things but due to his location he is unable to ship the product to the us. it looks very simple to make but i dont know what it is that he is using to make the frame with. i tried to make something similar out of 2*2 square tubing and attaching some screen door stuff to the top where i could apply the mesh then use the screen door rubber to hold it down to the tubing. it didnt work because of the amount of pressure applied was just to much for it. i wish i could find out what this guy is using to construct his frame from. here is an image of what he is using. does anyone recognize this stuff? he slid a piece of plastic in the grove and it held the mesh perfectly while stretching, looked like it got plenty tight without the mesh popping out. here is an image of the material and also a video link to see his contraption at work
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sdb5G8g_V0k

Hi there Chuck,,, try to message again the fellow. I am sure you both can work it out on how the stretcher can get to you. An EMS Postal service will be the way to link your transaction.

here's his facebook account: https://www.facebook.com/leonardo.sarmientodoctor

· Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there Chuck,,, try to message again the fellow. I am sure you both can work it out on how the stretcher can get to you. An EMS Postal service will be the way to link your transaction.

here's his facebook account: https://www.facebook.com/leonardo.sarmientodoctor
i just messaged him probably a month ago regarding the shipping and he hadnt found anything at that time. i did just message him again. pretty ingenious stretcher i would love to have one.

· Registered
2,942 Posts
I don't know what he would sell that for, but combined with shipping, what's the likelihood that it's much less (or even more) than a large, used Newman or Sefar roller frame that you could put your own frames inside and stretch your mesh over before glueing? Might be worth checking.

· Registered
2,942 Posts
They use plastic strips to secure the mesh. There are instructions online on how to load and tension the mesh. A socket, a ratchet, and a large-ish crescent wrench is all you really need, besides a flat table. Sometimes you can get a bit of a racked frame with the Newmans, but if you're doing stretch and glue to static frames anyway, all the mesh has to do is come in contact evenly with your static.

I would add that a tension meter is not absolutely essential, but if you want control over the actual tension, it's something to get as soon as possible. Look on Ebay for used ones.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.