T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can some give me some tips for keeping the screen/image registered when I burning the screens.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
if you mean placement on the screen..? here is my 2 cents.
essentials. scotchtape, t-square, sharpie marker. I use 20x24 aluminum screens i burn my screens at 6" from the top of the frame (t-square and sharpie time) I make a mark at 6" on the frame. now i place my t-square across the with of the screen / frame aligned at the 6" mark place my film in the center of screen (width) and at the 6" drop also square up registration marks (scotch tape time) now that your film is place correctly on your screen tape it in place...you should be ready to burn screens..repeat as needed..FYI you will still need to register on your press but now it should be worlds easier.

·
Registered
186 Posts
You can make a registration board. I used a piece of poster board with the grid on it. I cut it to the outside dimentions of the screen. I use 20x24 inch standard screens mostly. I then made some cross lines on the board, center, 3 and 5 inches down, I made a square for a left side logo as well. I then got a peice of plexi glass and covered the board so when I put the transparency down I can tape it to that. It makes the process really easy.

·
Registered
859 Posts
i'm working on a DIY tri-loc system. I have been taking pics and plan on posting them when everything's done. Once done, I'll happily share my plans.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Spend the bucks and get the Vastex jigs and carrier system. Ryonet also has a registration system for the front end of the alignment process. The vastex pin reg system jigs onto the screen clamp/platen as well. New to the game we are, but saw i had no patience for this part of the process.

·
Registered
305 Posts
go to walmart and look in the crafts sections right by the school stuff and there will be a cutting board that is made of plastic but it will have a grid on it with numbers. there are 2 different sizes i think they are about 9 bucks or 15 bucks depending on which one you get. then you can lay that on your platten and then place your film on there and lock your screen in place on your press then place tape under the film so when you drop your screen it will tape itself to the screen then do all your screens. after you expose you will have to reg. but they will be very close.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts