T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've got my screen ready to go filled with ink and ready to print some shirts. Only thing is is i noticed that some small detail (the inside of an "e") is missing. So when i print the "e" it doesn't look like an "e" at all. My question is are there any tricks on how to repair this or do i have to go through and burn another screen?

(its a pretty tiny spot on my screen so using tape to cover isnt really an option)

Sorry its kind of hard to describe but any help is always appreciated thanks in advance!

· Registered
40 Posts
If too much washed out, you could use a screen filler. I just use clear nail polish for this. But screen supply places sell screen filler pens for the job.

If not enough washed out, sometimes water on a rag clear out some emulsion that hasn't been washed all the way out.

But you may end up taking a lot of time trying to save the screen and come out with less than ideal results and end up deciding to remake the screen anyway, and you may think to yourself, "hindsight being what it is, I could have just remade the damn screen at the get-go and saved stress."

It depends on your situation.

Happy Printing,

Mike

· Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks mike i appreciate the quick response. yeah i was kind of getting to the "damn I'll just make another screen already" part. I got some nail polish here at the shop i use for my embroidery needles so ill give that a try if not ill just remake. thank you again!

· Registered
612 Posts
I don't think I'd use nail polish. I don't know if screen reclaimer will get that off, or if nail polish remover will ruin the mesh. If the little dot in an "e" rinsed out, you can try using a very fine paint brush an put a dot of emulsion where the dot should be. Let it dry in the light and you might be good to go.

Good luck!
Nick

· Registered
40 Posts
I use the nail polish cause it's a fast dry, and works well with water-based inks. I've never had an issue with reclaimability or harming the screen on many many screens. I've also done what Nick is talking about back in college, they used thin the emulsion with a little water to make more brushable and I think it dried quicker that way. It works well and makes sense to use emulsion on emulsion.

Either way, a finer brush than the nail polish comes with, may be desired.

peace,
mike

peace,
mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.